Saturday, October 23, 2010

Full Moon...




I got up yesterday trying to forget it was my 17th day in a row working , plastered on a smile and went into work.

I didn't get off until almost 5:00. I was working my now famous funnel cake stand at the high school ball game and actually faded out on the couch in the den for a short twenty minute nap.

Feeling semi refreshed I headed to the ball field. Worked with a really great team...two people I have worked with before and one of the women's husband came to help as well. We sold the CRAP out of some funnel cakes and the only down side was we lost the game. The team we played was ranked fourth in the state and we lost by a score of 30-19. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Picked Massey up from the band room around 10:15 and started home. I told her a good friend from my childhood was performing with his band in Newnan at "The Alamo." It's a club that has taken over the old Alamo theatre on the square in Newnan and seems to be the hot spot in town.

She looked at me like SHE was MY mother and said "What time will you be home?"

I reminded her the "I" was the mother and was leaving her in the company of 300 pounds worth of dogs that would tear anyone apart before they shut the door behind them.

She pouted about it but was so tired she was asleep before I brushed my teeth and pulled off my ECHS shirt and put on a sweater.

The "Alamo" is an eclectic club. There are more tats in the place than there is graffiti on over passes in downtown Atlanta. There are blacks, whites, straights and gays. There are ole folks like me and even a couple of opened mouthed people that wandered in by chance...in other words "It's my kind of bar."

I walked in and found two of my brother's best friends sitting right by the stage and immediately knew I had made the right decision to come.

The guy in the band was one of my brother's best friends. Always a guy that seems happy and aloof (what man isn't?) and I can't remember a time in my life when I didn't know him.

A server from work (a young chick) came to meet me there after work and graciously sat with me and the 'ole farts.

We laughed and had a great time. The band was pretty amazing and I am glad I went.

I need to do that more often. Do something for "ME."

Four more employees from Mama Lucia's came and it ended up being a really fun night.

I haven't been out after midnight by myself for as long as my shrinking mind can remember but it was fun....REALLY FUN.

We told stories about my parents and my brother and about growing up in East Point. I video taped the band and have included one here.

Luckily today Massey left for competition at 10AM and Tim was home from work to take her. I slept the day away...I slept last night away. I slept the last seventeen days away.

I didn't get out of bed until it was time to iron a shirt for work and jump in the shower for day eighteen.

Work was great tonight and I got off in time to pick Massey up from the high school after her competition. They came in second and she was totally ticked..."ROBBED" they were!

After my nice 14 hour nap  I told her I would take her to "Awful House" for breakfast on Sunday before I went in to open the restaurant. I only have to work the day shift which makes day nineteen look inviting!

I got a peek at next week's schedule and I work a double again on Monday..."AARRGG."

But Tuesday is ALL MINE...and I mean it THIS week.

I am so grateful to have the job that I do. I am so grateful that they love me and seem to appreciate me. You know, when you love your job it's a lot easier to do it  day after day after day.

We are getting there. We are struggling but we are making strides. I just have to remember that every once in a great while I need to squeeze in something just for myself.

Enjoy the video...I enjoyed being there to make it!...Dang the video has taken over 2 hours to load...posting w/o it.

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: