Friday, August 6, 2010

A "Deere John" Letter

Dear John,

I feel terrible about what I have put you through. You have stuck by me, in thick grass and thin. You crank up whenever I turn your key...you never hesitate to help me and yet I always seem to push you to the breaking point (small pun.)

I've worn out belt after belt on you but you still work like a dog for me. I take you down roads you never wanted to travel and have taken you off the beaten path so often that you are probably having an identity crisis. BTW..."No, you are NOT an ATV."

You have sat in my garage with a flat more times than I can count...patiently waiting for me to "Fix A Flat" you back to normal. I have sent you into uncharted territory, hitting rocks and giving you more dings in your blade than you have ever deserved.

This last time I thought you may leave me forever...but you didn't. You waited patiently once again. I know you don't believe it but it hurt me more than it hurt you. The yard looked like a forgotten cow pasture and I actually thought of you every time I left the house and missed your amazing work.

Thanks to Dr. Harvey...you have made a full recovery. His skills are miraculous and his hands are 14 Karat in the JD area of expertise.

I promise to be more attuned to your needs and more aware of anything that may be hazardous to your well being. (Rocks, curbs and stepping stones.)

From the bottom of my heart and from the bottom of your decking ..."I Love You."

Thanks for loving me and thanks for making my yard look good again. I know you're mad at me...but ya gotta admit the yard looks pretty darn good, thanks to you.

At least I only weigh 95 pounds...you could have Mama Cass riding you!

I promise to be more attentive and more sensitive to your needs.

Just swear to never, EVER leave me.

Kelly Deere Cotton

No comments: