Wednesday, August 18, 2010

What A Week..."So Far"


I would say tomorrow is my little girl's birthday but it is past midnight...so "Happy Birthday, Massey!"



I am so ticked...I have been trying all day to download my cousin's memorial video and it is obvious to me now that I am either an idiot or maybe possibly just DVD challenged. I bought a stack of DVD's and I am on my sixth disc with no results. There is something I am missing or overlooking but I am so exasperated with the whole thing that I finally waved the white flag (so it was just a few sheets of toilet paper) and decided to try again tomorrow (later today.)
I can be like my bull dog...stubborn and stupid but never give up.



My cousin's memorial was such a happy occasion...I know that sounds bizarre but it was one of the most uplifting memorials I have ever been to and sealed the deal concerning my decision about when my own demise rolls around and the guy in a black cape holding a sickle comes to give Tim a break from the manic idiot he married. My memorial will be a "HOOT" if I have any say about it...and I will...(small pun)... it's all on my computer for Mary Anne Salter to come over and decode for Tim. (inside joke...let's just say Tim has a hard time opening an email.)




Massey turned 15 about 50 minutes ago. My girl is upstairs snoozing in her ' hovel' of a room surrounded by dirty clothes...clean clothes...notebook paper and empty drink cups. The only reason I see those is because THEY are on top of three OTHER layers of a fifteen year old girl's room. It's like a land fill in her room. If I have to actually walk in there it's like a "Land Mine."

You never know what you are going to step on or discover if you look closely enough.

She has an appointment with her doctor tomorrow for a physical exam...maybe I can squeeze in a psychological exam as well to see how she can live in such a dump of a room and still seem to be the happiest girl on the planet. It depresses ME to just walk BY her room when her bedroom door is open.

After the exam we are headed to physical therapy for her knee if our insurance (PeachCare) approves ...another blog altogether.

Then we are headed to dinner at Massey's favorite restaurant...MY restaurant...I mean the one I work for. The owner is treating my family to dinner for Massey's birthday.

I think I'll call Len (the owner) tomorrow morning from the doctor's office and say "My family is SO excited about dinner...my sister was able to get buddy passes for my Dad's cousins in Texas and Tennessee and my other cousins are driving up from LaGrange and meeting our OTHER cousins driving down from Rabun and Lake Lanier. If they can pick up the cousins in Douglasville and swing by Sharpsburg to pick up the others before they pick up Frances in Digby, we should all be there by seven o'clock. Reserve a table for thirty just in case my two nephews show up."

Funny to write about (at least to me)...but in a couple of years when we get back on our feet and can feel some solid ground beneath them I would LOVE to do just that...Have ALL my family come eat at the wonderful restaurant I have been blessed enough to land in and enjoy the marvelous food that this "Family"...not "Corporation" puts on the table every day and pours their heart into 24/7.

Once again...HAPPY BIRTHDAY MESSY...I mean "MASSEY." Your Mom loves you beyond the beyond and then some... Proud of you girl, and more proud that you love ME.
PLEASE click on this pic...she was so beautiful at this age... and a lot neater (and quieter)