Sunday, June 7, 2009

Thank God It's My Friday

Got home from work a little while ago. Had some computer issues. It was just running really slow, then all of the sudden I had no "connectivity" to the Internet. Called Charter...got an American on the first try!

I'm not real computer savvy, but I learn something new every day. I had restarted my computer and when I did it started up my Windows firewall. I have Charter Security Suite and don't need to use another firewall. Had to turn that firewall off and got back online. I think one of my teenagers did something. (Always blame it on the teens...you'll usually be right).

It is still running a little slow, but I will work more on it tomorrow.

Worked the past thirteen days in a row and I was FEELING it tonight. I felt like my legs weighed a hundred pounds...more than my entire body weighs. As I counted down the hours and took three Advils I began to have a burst of energy. It was like my body was saying "The faster you go the faster you will be out of here." We have four servers that close the restaurant. I was busy cleaning the expo line, one server still had a table, one was upstairs cleaning the dining room...and one server was sitting down eating a chicken finger plate with fries and a drink. What part of this picture seems a little unfair?

For Pete's sake, I think we would have all liked to sit down to a nice hot meal, but don't take a freakin break when you are supposed to be helping your fellow employees out. Sometimes I feel like I am working with my kids. No ...my kids aren't quite that bad and at least they tell me they love me on a regular basis. The kids at work only love the way I get THEIR work done.

I have tomorrow off though and for the first time in 13 days I don't have to go into work for a whole 24 hours! It's the little things that make me happy!!

The kids are settling into the summer routine. Massey still has all kinds of practices and camps at the high school and Zach is just glad to be out from under the "oppression" of those cruel, cruel teachers that judge him by "numbers and letters". The NERVE of those teachers! My boy could be already graduating from Harvard if he would just let that mind work and quit fighting the system.

He is on the edge of brilliant, yet seems content with staying on the edge of failure because of his hate for "The System."

I told him if he thought it was bad now, just wait untill you burn those french fries at McDonald's and you get sent back to mop the restrooms and have to work your way back up to the fry machine...THAT will REALLY suck wind! Or what if they fire you and you have to peddle your bike back home to tell me you are once again unemployed? (He doesn't really like this senario)

On the other hand is my daughter who can't seem to get enough of the school. I seem to going to the school more now than I did when it was in session. A trip to pick her up at the band room usually always requires a check...usually post dated .

My kids are polar opposites...I guess between the two I have a somewhat normal kid!

It is almost nice having these two totally different teens...it definitely keeps me on my toes and usually always gives me an amusing blog to write.

Oscar and Felix!! That is who I am raising. I could use a little more Felix, but you play the hand you're dealt. Sometimes I wish they would take the
"Jokers" out before my cards were put down... Give me an ACE every once in a while!

I say it all in jest...I love all three of my kids so much it hurts almost physically. They keep me young and I keep them in check. That is the way it is supposed to be and when it gets down to it...they all three know that ; That is what makes me proud of them and all their flaws. Dang! Do you know how hard it would be to get them to do something for me if they were perfect in every way? Maybe that is what they are doing..."Just tryin' to make it easier for Mama. "

How considerate are MY kids...and "Who wants 'em?"

In the words of my daughter.... JK!

No comments: