Wednesday, June 10, 2009

How OLD am I Getting ??

My husband is on the computer in the dining room and I got stuck with my daughter's lap top.



Had to wake her up when I got home just to get her password, which she obviously changes on a daily basis or a "whim."



It took me thirty minutes to just get online and then I realized that she has cluttered up the thing so much I had to restart, delete all temporary files, passwords and cookies and begin again.



It took me thirty more minutes to set up "cc cleaner" so that some of this will be done automatically for her. REMIND ME TO NEVER BUY A LAP TOP FOR A TWELVE YEAR OLD.



My husband went to a career management counselor today and I begrudgingly went with him. After two hours I began to agree with my husband that this could be a good move. The guy has an MBA from Harvard and made some really good points. So we have invested in this man investing in my husband.



We are at a breaking point and considered our options...go it alone or pay someone to help him find the job that I know he deserves. If it works out the money will be well spent...if we don't try how will we ever know? There is an "out" in the contract that says after the third meeting if we don't feel like it is a workable option we can walk away and get all of our money back except $300.00.



After much thought and discussion...and after I made the guy bring up the BBB site about his company (which had an A plus rating) we signed the deal. I feel this is the best way to go and given the current state of the economy. I feel better having this professionally taken care of and they are obligated to help us for a year from today. If they find him a job and he doesn't feel comfortable after a couple of months, we can go back to them and they will start the entire process over.





Besides that weighing on my mind, when have I become sooo old that using a lap top throws me off so much? I can't remember how to move the cursor over the sentence I am working on, I am constantly having to correct typos that I never had to before and pretty much killing myself just to make a simple post. I am so honed into my PC that when I have to get on the lap top it is like having to fly a Boeing 747 without the instruction manual or one day of training.



GIVE ME BACK MY MOUSE!!



This lap top gig has me correcting my mistakes more than writing what I want.



At least now that I have been forced to use it I have cleaned up my daughter's computer and installed some tools that will keep her current and virus free. I am just so used to my PC that when I have to use this "new fangled contraption" I find it is almost a chore to use the internet.



HOW OLD AM I ANYWAY ??



This isn't helping my confidence but at least I have cleaned up the mess that my kid has made with the most expensive toy I have ever been stupid enough to buy her. Heck, I should have just bought her a tank and said "Now you be CAREFUL WITH THIS...YA HEAR?"



Thank the Lord Tim is off the PC and I can go check this post...that I have had to make at least 50 corrections on, and go back to using a mouse (HEY at least I use a wireless mouse) and get back to some semblance of the "ole fart" that I enjoy being.,

BTW...just hit a button and thought that I lost this entire post!

This was the most excruciating post I have ever made... and the most eye opening experience that I am "still OLD school".

CALGON...TAKE ME AWAY!!!

Since when is a PC considered"OLDSCHOOL"....and as I said "When did I turn into such a fuddy buddy?"

After one in the morning, started posting at eleven, Let's at least hope this makes it online.

DANG...I AM getting old!!

1 comment:

Joannah said...

I will take my pc and wireless mouse/keyboard over a laptop anyday! I cannot use a laptop. you're not alone there sister.