Monday, June 22, 2009

My Painter

My sister called today and asked if she could come paint the trim in my kitchen. I told her ..."Alright, but just this ONE time."



Thank the Lord it was my sister. I had gone to the grocery store and she got to the house before me. I have a HEAVY oak and marble table that I put my microwave on. It is an antique wash stand that my mother in law gave me. Needless to say at this point...I don't move it often, just clean around it.



Of course this was the first piece of furniture that my sister moved. My 17 year old son was there ...in case she needed anybody to just sit and watch her work. He made the remark that behind the wash stand was ... " Now that is embarrassing." This is a comment from a boy that has never used a broom in his life or knows where I keep it.



I am not OCD about my house. I DO think I do a pretty job considering I have a husband, sons and a daughter , two slobbering huge boxers and a six day work week. I couldn't win an award, but DFACS wouldn't take my kids either... At least they wouldn't last time I asked. (totally kidding, but it made me chuckle.)



So my sister cleaned and painted the trim in my kitchen while Massey and I kept her company. Me preparing dinner and Massey just sitting in a chair reading us trivia questions from the sixties and seventies out of a book she had borrowed from a friend. "The Great American Pop Culture Quiz Book."



You know how I am about quizzes. ...GO...!!!



So while my sister cleaned my horrible trim and painted it expertly, Massey quizzed us to death. I will have to admit that my addiction to FB helped me out on more than a few answers!



We laughed and had one of the best times I have had in quite a while. It seems whenever I am with my sister...I am always happy, even when I am venting to her about my problems.



Everybody loves my sister.



I could make this a facebook quiz and the results would always be the same.



Ten out of ten people would love my sister.



If I didn't have her in my life...I wouldn't feel my life was complete.



And as long as I am out here bragging about her...



If anyone ever needs a room painted or wall papered, call my sister. Her rates are great and her end result is amazing. She has a gift with a brush.



Also you get the bonus of having one of the nicest people in the world in your house for a few days ... she doesn't even charge for that.



Once you have met her ...you will probably think she undercharged you and you are most probably right. That is why with word of mouth and reputation she will get this painting business off the ground in no time.

If you are in the ATL or close by, call my sis or contact me. I am thinking of becoming her "Agent."

A neat and rapid painter. No mistakes or taping needed. I don't even think she owns a drop cloth (JK) ....unless you LIKE a drop cloth. If you do... I have 3 to loan her at the drop of a hat !! Once she gets done you will be sorry that she paints so quickly and efficiently.

Just having her in your house feels like you owe her at least a 'note' in the mail.

Painting...know someone who is thinking about painting ?

Call my sister and you will most likely end up wanting to send ME a Thank You note .

Her work is as good as I have ever seen, and her prices are ridiculously low.

Plus I love her, or could you tell ?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly,

Enjoyed your remarks about Cindy. That was also a hilarious comment, "I am not OCD about my house...I couldn't win an award, but DFACS wouldn't take my kids either... At least they wouldn't last time I asked."

It reminded me of comic Henny Youngman's famous one liner, " Take my wife...please."

Cuz'n Neal