Friday, June 19, 2009

I Stand Corrected

Number one, I feel like I told the David Letterman joke.

Number two I know I feel a hundred times worse than he did.

I meant to write something Frances would be happy to read. Instead I tacked three years on to her life and felt like a complete idiot (Not a stretch for me.)

The only thing I can say in my weak defense is that I didn't meet Frances until a family reunion at my sister's house when my dad was still alive and very active. He has ALWAYS had a youthful look about him, even in his seventies. For as long as I can remember he looked younger than any of his siblings. NOT THAT FRANCES DOESN'T LOOK GREAT ! Here I go again digging myself another grave!!

I felt about two feet high when I read her comment. My intentions were totally sincere...just off by a few years and not in the direction that ANY woman would be happy about.

My carefree daughter heard me lamenting to Zach about my stupidity and came down the stairs to ask what was wrong. Zach said calmly "Mom called a woman mean names on her blog."

I almost shouted when I said "I did NOT call a woman mean names, I just got her age wrong and I feel terrible about it. "

Massey asked how far off I was and when I told her she said just as calmly "Well, that's most of the way there. She won't mind." (Easy for a thirteen year old girl to say!) Boy will I remind her of THAT one when she is her late thirties..."Massey we may as well call you forty since you're most of the way there."

I hope Frances knows how much she means to me and that no disrespect or hurt was intended. I just hate it that I screwed up so royally. Thank goodness my kids were there to make me feel better....NOT !!

Everything was edited and corrected within two minutes of reading her comment to me.

My sincerest apologies to you Frances. As Tim so sweetly pointed out..."I guess Frances really IS sharper than you." Even though he is right, he could have at least patted my hand while he said it. At least my two dogs don't seem upset with me...yet. Watch some loud mouth dog in the neighborhood that surfs the net go yapping off and tell both of them. By then I guess I really WILL be in the Dog House !

Once again... I stand corrected and hope my family still loves me. I guess I will have to start having ya'll fill out questionnaires for me!!

I got Tim to proof read this before I posted it. His only comment was when he got to the part about him and he hollered into the kitchen "Whyda ya have to throw ME under the bus ?" I told him I needed the company.

Til Next time... FEELIN ROTTEN COTTON

2 comments:

Frances said...

Kelly: If that is the worse thing anybody ever said about me I would feel honored. No offense was taken and I love you just the same as before. I am not sensitive about my age at all. I am thankful to have lived this long. Mother was the oldest living female in our family and she died at the age of 79 so maybe I have at least one more year. I have said all along that I was going to outlive all my female relatives and that includes my grandmother, sister and Mother.
Don't work too hard. F

Joannah said...

I remember when you wouldnt even tell me when your birthday actually was...( because you dont like people to make a fuss over you) I think you've been forgiven, and your pretty blessed too.