Thursday, June 11, 2009

Facebook Quiz Addiction

Hello, my name is Kelly and I am a quizalohlic.

Why did I ever listen to my neighbor's 12 year old daughter ? I remarked one day a couple of months back that people kept asking me to take quizzes on FB and that I thought it was ridiculous. It happened in the car ride home from school... me and three middle school girls (my daughter included). It turned out that it was a day when they were all currently speaking to me. You never know what kind of girl you will be picking up when they are tweens and starting teens. Middle school is a three year long drama series that has more ups and down than 'All My Children.' Thank the Lord my girl is moving on to 'General Hospital' this year at the high school...much hipper show and a LOT more things that are virtually thought of as impossible, yet still happen against the odds. I think their Principal's name is 'Luke Spencer.' One of the girls said that quizzes are really cool and a lot of fun. I had five minutes of free time on the ride home and thought "HUH..maybe I will click on one."

ANYHOO!!! I go home after the 'chatty' car ride and later get on FB and just happen to click on a quiz. For Pete's sake! What is wrong with this world when a 49 year old woman can't stop taking a quiz? You always have to click a box to say that to take the quiz you are allowing access to your profile and friends.

Pretty soon a screen will pop up saying that by continuing I give access to my social security number and my bank account , and I won't be able to click "YES" fast enough to get to my quiz about "Can you name this cocktail?" ...I know ALL these answers...GO , GO , GO !!!

I've learned that it is best to start with the oldest quizzes and work my way forward to the new 'lame' ones that EVERYBODY but me is doing..."I'll Show Them!!"

I 've even sucked my almost 17 year old son into the quicksand with me. He is brilliant...just doesn't want to use all that brain power up when he could stay a sophomore forever.

He loves a back scratch and I love to have a 'Bill Gates' helping me with some of the harder quizzes. He is skinny so it doesn't take much to scratch that two foot area while he enlightens me to 'Mafia Bosses'. The ones that he helps me on I don't publish or lay claim to...I am just doing this because I HAVE to. You would all be impressed with how well I did with the ' Mary Tyler Moore Show ' quiz... I 'SMOKED' 'em.

When it came to frequent childhood illness...BAM! Ten out of ten.

I even called my daughter into the room to help me with the TWILIGHT quiz.

I have been fortunate enough to have issues that truly DO demand my attention, thus I have been detoxing myself from the "Quiz Hole".

I look and water at the mouth, but I guess that I can wait one more day to tell the cyber world that it was Tiger the dog that ran through the house of cards that Marcia, Greg, Peter, Jan, Bobby, and Cindy built in the den as Alice flirted with Sam the butcher at the back door.

WHEW! Just wanted ya'll to know that I knew all of that. Not that I am a bragger, but ya have to admit that on a 'Brady' kind of level it was pretty impressive.

Wait til ya see my 'Seinfeld' quiz!! Folks I didn't think I could shine as bright as the night I knew Cosmo's real name. (Send me your bank account # and I will tell you.) When I knew Mr. 'Big's' name on The Sex and the City quiz I knew that I had reached my limits as a rookie.

I have been weaned off of this addiction from too much stress and worry. But as I feel better about myself and our outlook...I am slipping!

I've thought about a "QUIZ" party at my house. We'll have to wait til we get richer and have a huge touch screen monitor. OOOHHHH! I can hardly wait.

Pray for me as I fight this addiction...I bet I could go to the "How many of your friends pray for you" quiz and get ten out of ten. Send me your social security number and I will let you know the results of THAT one.

Thanks for reading and thanks for letting me write...

I feel better already...I took the "How many people do you thank quiz" and I think I did pretty good.

Til next time...(Take the quiz to see my name)

1 comment:

Joannah said...

lol...this has been going on at my house too...the kids sit here and cheer me on! " Mommycrack!"