Friday, February 22, 2008

"Oh KAY"... here it comes!

As long as I am telling you about my co-workers... let's not leave out a friend that we will just call "Kay." Thank the Lord , she is my saving salvation at work, being just a little older than me. They already probably call me" Maw Maw" at work... but we just call her" A little GOOFY". I can guarantee that when she was younger.. she was a platinum blond. One of the sweetest, dog loving people that I have ever met (and as you know if you read my posts, I am a true dog lover.) She raises and shows Cavaliers.... a fancy smancy type dog that would never make it in MY dog eat dog world... but to her, they are her kids. They even have "kid's"names. I remember when I first started at my restaurant, she had four dogs; Geoffery, , Spencer, Ellie and Gillian. This just sounds like four kids in a Danielle Steele novel to me; but to her, it was her itty, bitty kiddies, and the focus of her life. For the life of me , I don't know how she does it... she is so meek and mild mannered ( A Lot UNLIKE me), that I can imagine her coming home from work to find them all at a poker table, smoking cigars and watching another female Cavalier strip for the boys, who probably already have a bit of a kennel cough from the Cuban cigars a fellow Cavalier brought back from a dog show in Havana. But the most fun I have with her is at work.. and I must admit she is a great sport to take all of my sarcastic humor the way it is intended.. with a lot of love and affection. She is so mild and soft spoken that she is just such an easy target for me.. so I guess in a way it is HER fault. She is on a schedule of her own... not like me who is flying through life(albeit too fast for my own good), but she is more of an "easing through life person", constantly stopping to smell the daisies, and pick up her dog poop on walks.... Her dogs are her world, and probably the luckiest dogs on the face of the Earth. We kid her sometimes at work when she gets flustered... "Come on, pick a direction and GO with it!" and she takes the kidding amazing well... especially considering my sharp , amazingly witty sense of humor( Kudos to myself) . She has many, many talents beyond giving me material for my blog. She is a culinary genius with , I believe a degree in "pastries" ... I guess the dogs went on a cruise, that left her with time to fill. But I always enjoy poking fun at her... HEY.. I am right behind her in age, and I gotta get my punches in while I can. She is wonderful to my kids and me as well, and I have come to love this wacky woman... begun to realize that she is an odd one... ( hence the dog fixation) I could never imagine taking my mutts to a cardiologist, but hers have probably been to one more than she has! Unfortunately she reads this blog, so let's hope she still loves me tomorrow. But you know what? She has never had children of her own; and these dogs are her life, her heart and her devotion. And being a dog lover myself... there are a LOT worse things to be. I hope if I ever get reincarnated , it will be as a pup on her doorstep, and I will be the one that will deal the poker cards out while "MOMMA" is at work, and call all the other mutts over for a visit ... You know what they say.. "While the Kat's away, the pup's will play" ... At least at her house. Till next time.... Cotton

No comments: