Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Lhorn's VON TRAPP singers

We have a CD at the restaurant that plays over and over and over again during the course of our working hours. I work six days a week, so after ten years, I have learned to totally tune it out (no pun intended... well, maybe a small one) Sometimes a customer will say... "who sings this song?" to which I wittily reply.. "is there music playing?" I have never been a big fan of country music, but thankfully they have incorporated more types over the years... although a person can only listen to "Wildfire" about the runaway horse so many times before they vow to never pet a pony again. At least they finally took off "barbeque chicken in aluminum foil, just enough money for my gas and oil". A couple of my fellow employees are habitual singers. My thought was to have them form a singing group similar to The Mamas and The Papas.. Our restrooms are labeled "lambs" and "bulls" .... so maybe that would be a better name. We got Chris on Bass, Ryan as tenor, and Amanda and Rochelle competing for solo soprano, with the loser having to be reduced to an alto. It is like living in a musical. Granted, their voices are all remarkably good. But I constantly remind them that I am trying to tune the music out, and they ain't helpin much. Just to tick Amanda off, I will start to sing "Mama's little baby loves shortin , shortin" YES that song actually was on one of the CD's..... and apparently the only song that Amanda didn't like. Yet once I get it into her head, she can't get it out, and it throws all of the Von Trapps into a tizzy.. losing their soprano doesn't help the high notes... although Ryan could probably do a pretty good falsetto. ( just kiddin) I love these guys, and love picking on them more... like I tell them, I only pick on the people I like, and I like ya'll A LOT !! Needless to say when " High School Musical" finally runs it's course... be on the look out for " Lhorn Musical" ... and "NO" Ryan, you can't be Zac Efron !! I am thinking that maybe next Christmas I will give them all choir robes, and just see what happens.... or maybe matching outfits similar to the ones that The Brady Bunch wore in their talent show.... and "NO" Ryan, you can't be Greg Brady !! Till next time...COTTON

No comments: