Sunday, September 18, 2016

Looking Ahead While Reflecting Back

Three days left at the greatest job ever. Five more days left living here in Georgia.
It's an emotional Catch 22 for me.
I don't want to live away from my sister but I want to live with my husband and kids again.

I was on my way home from work the other night, actually pulling into our driveway when a song came on the radio that have always loved. It came out in the eighties when music videos were all the rage on MTV and VH1. I think it's my all time favorite music video, guess I'm just an eighties gal and a sucker for nostalgia and animals.

Here's the weird thing about it.

I bet it's been twenty years since I've heard it play on the radio but have heard it four times in just the past week.



I find myself in a strange situation
And I don't know how
What seemed to be an infatuation
Is so different now
I can't get by if we're not together
Ooh can't you see
Girl, I want you now and forever
Close to me
I'm longing for the time
I'm longing for the day
Hoping that you will promise to be mine
And never go away

I don't want to live without you
I don't want to live without you
I could never live without you
Live without your love

I ask myself but there's no explanation
For the way I feel
I know I've reached the right destination
And I know it's real

I'm longing for the time
I'm longing for the day
When I'll be giving you this heart of mine
Believe me when I say

I don't want to live without you
I don't want to live without you
I could never live without you
Live without your love

No I don't want to live without you
I don't want to live without you
I could never live without you
Live without your love

Now I don't want to live without you
I don't want to live without you
I could never be without you
Be without your love

I don't want to live without you
Live without your love
Live without your love
You see I'm lost without your love

Ooh...oh
Without your love  


Everything Tim  and I have worked so hard for these past three years is finally paying off.  Seems even payoffs come at a price. My sister has essentially been my mother since 1977 when ours suddenly died. She's also been my best friend for fifty six years.

We're a lot alike yet in some ways totally different. We're the perfect combination.

I wish my daughter had a sister but at least has the next best thing, the world's greatest Aunt.

It's a done deal now, we're moving...and pretty dang soon.

It makes me excited for our future (and should) but makes me sad to think of all the people, things and places I'm leaving.

My manager at work was talking with me the other day about my transfer to Orlando and jokingly said "Now that will be in late October 2017, right?"

I go into work now and coworkers, from the front of the house to the back of the house to across the concourse and entire airport say "You're really leaving us?"

It makes me sad ...yet also feel good I seem to be someone who will be missed.

I've had a lot of jobs over the years, some okay and some pretty good. The job I'm leaving now is hands down a life changer in more ways than one.

It's not only changed and boosted our financial stability but also allowed me the opportunity of a lifetime as a "Lifer" in the serving industry.

I've met people from all over the globe, been able to listen and learn from their stories and sometimes even tell them mine.

Although am walking away from (finally now) familiar and (has been) fantastic, look forward to even more fabulous, simply in another place.



I've promised myself I won't cry when I leave my sister, my job, my friends... but don't hold me to it.

My co workers and friends from my last two jobs gave me a wonderful going away party last night and was a heartfelt evening.





The Blog is already in drafts. One thing I can tell you is, feels pretty wonderful to be loved by so many awesome people.

Always pick and choose friends wisely, and will always have an army behind you. Every single one of them helped us win our battle.


Til next time   COTTON










2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Cotton! I have no words to express how awesome you have been to me and so many. You have always been appreciated and oh so loved!

Unknown said...

Oh Cotton! I have no words to express how awesome you have been to me and so many. You have always been appreciated and oh so loved!