Thursday, August 16, 2012

You Can't Go Back... So Move Forward

You'll have to be from my generation  to remember this picture. It was bigger  than the "Smiley Face."

One of my husband's favorite sayings is "You can't change  the past." He's usually saying this to me when I am griping about something he didn't do or didn't do exactly the way I wanted him to. He uses it other times too, like when I lament about how well off we used to be compared to the life we've lived past few years.

I know this sounds crazy,  especially coming from me but I think I need to listen to him more often.

I can't change the past few years. The important thing is that we are all still here. The important thing is that we all learned a lesson..."Never take life for granted."

So I lost twenty pounds and gained a lot of gray hair. So I have more wrinkles than a dress shirt crammed into a two liter coke bottle. So what?

I'm still here, and last time I checked that was the important part.

You can't change the past and you can't go back. Guess I'll just inch my way forward...one step at a time.

Don't get me wrong, it was rough. At times almost comical. (see MANY previous posts) I do miss the days when we had perfect credit and could buy anything we needed, within reason. We  took vacations to the beach every year and spoiled our kids rotten every Christmas and birthday.

We have battled back to on time payments. That is progress my friends. Speaking of friends, we would have never made it this far without them. My family has been the best...which consist of my brother and sister. They pulled us through and pushed us onward.

When we hit our low my friends kicked into high gear. I actually have a list of people to pay back and  don't worry, I will.

I gotta get out of this serving gig and into what I love...writing.

I am grateful for what serving tables has done for me but it is time to do something for myself.

My daughter mentioned maybe she should video tape me speaking my blog instead of writing  it and putting it on youtube. It's free and there are a lot of idiots making money off it.

Something to consider...

Til next  time...COTTON








No comments: