Thursday, August 9, 2012

It's A Dog's Life

I've realized quite a few things with this latest puppy addition.

I am over fifty two years old, my youngest is a senior in high school . My oldest did wonderful after finally being not so gently nudged from  the nest and my younger son is looking to get a place of his own. "Looks Like I've Almost Made It!"
   (Not)

 While on my hands and knees tonight after work, spraying so much Resolve carpet cleaner on dog spots that the problem SHOULD have been resolved by the time I got through spraying if the label's bragging rights are correct ; thought about how ridiculous it was to think I was almost there.

Now I'm left raising a seven year old, six year old and four month old. At least there won't be anymore teacher conferences or recitals and if one of them gets locked up, good luck with THAT one phone call!

So what they don't know how to use a door mat? Neither do my kids. My kids gripe when they are hungry. When my pups are hungry,  they just wait for me to remember. They love me when I am in a good mood or bad mood, and when I am in a bad mood they seem to love me more.

They never gripe about anything  but they don't have to.  I can read their always slobbering faces. It's a bond you make with pups. They only want to be loved and all three of mine know without a doggy doubt they are.

Cleaning up doggy poop is a breeze compared to raising three teens.

If I can survive raising three teens I can survive raising twelve more paws.

Til next  time...Crazy COTTON

No comments: