Friday, August 3, 2012

Oops!

Dang...with the social media rage and all it was a great birthday. I got over 200 well wishes on my FB wall and even got an actual birthday card handed to me from a co worker. I didn't even know they still MADE cards!

If all these people love me so much, couldn't one of them reminded this ole gal to renew her car tag?

The thought didn't even cross my mind until yesterday. I was sitting at a red light and noticed a new tag plate on the car in front of me. I thought to myself  'I hope I get that new tag when I renew mine.'

Then it hit me...my tag expired on  Tuesday!  Trust me if there is one car the cops watch ...it's mine. You would think Zach was the Don Corleone of Coweta County after he got into trouble. They sat at my house, across the street from my house and behind my daughter at high school football games. You can cook meth in your house , sell pills or even molest children but be a stupid teen who refuses to rat on other people just to keep himself out of trouble and they are all over you like stink on poop.

Two years ago when we were beyond flat broke, my brother loaned us his spare car when Tim's was out of commission. He told us the tag was expired and we had full intentions of getting a new one but decided we enjoyed electricity and gas in the house more and struggled just to pay them.

I can remember sitting at red lights,  waiting to turn right on red and if no one was behind me I would sit and sit and sit hoping a cop car would go by so I could pull out behind him instead of  being in front of him. If I was driving and had the kids in the car they would be my lookouts.  They would say "A cop is coming up behind us" and I would immediately put my blinker on and turn onto the next street...screech into the first driveway and turn around so I could turn back onto the main road BEHIND him! Am I a thinker or what?

I did this for almost a year, was a nervous wreck every time I got behind the wheel but learned some pretty cunning moves and diversion tactics.

That's why I was so ticked when I forgot to get my tag. The one year I could actually scrape together money for the tag, I totally forgot about it.

Now I have to pay a late fee. On top of that I am worried about my Lil Beem passing emissions. Last year when I took it,  the ole codger took thirty minutes to give me my emissions certificate and said "I don't know how it passed  but it did."  I worried about that for ten seconds knowing I wouldn't have to worry  about that for twelve more months.

Heading to a place tomorrow that has $10 emission tests  wearing my push up bra and a low cut blouse. Come to think of it, maybe I should take Massey with me and our cute little new puppy! Would a six pack of PBR be too much to offer?

I got back to work safely tonight and home again. I opened  this morning so tonight I dodged the bullet of a rehearsal dinner for 40 people. They started with 40 peeps changed it to thirty yesterday and arrived at  the restaurant tonight with almost 50 peeps in tow.

NIGHTMARE!!!!

One of the servers on the party remarked she wished I was working the party because it would be one heck of a blog.

Been there, done that.

In my thirty four years of waiting tables since leaving college I have seen it all.  From when you take hot towels for people who order ribs and they say "We didn't order those" to people who say  "You're gonna bring us bread  ain't cha?"

Free bread at a restaurant is considered "Christian Crack" by servers. In my opinion if you are paying over three bucks a  gallon for gas and  not going through  a drive through but want excellent food, expect to pay premium prices for a premium product.

I was the first one to escape work tonight. I am over 52 now and driving with  an expired tag. Heck they should have written me an excuse to carry with  me in my car. "I am sorry but Kelly is old and she forgot  to renew her tag...SMH"

Waking up and doing it all again tomorrow (later today) with my crafty self!

Til next time...COTTON










No comments: