Friday, August 31, 2012

The "Learning" Channel?

How can you have a little girl who looks like the above photo and make her look like the photo below and think it's okay as a mother?

I mean, I know even I look better with  a little makeup, but do you  really need to make your child wear false teeth (a Flipper) and more makeup than Joan Rivers?

I think what bothers me most is that the show airs on "The Learning Channel." I don't know about you but the only thing I learned from watching one episode was  it embarrassed me to find out they live in my home state and make us all look like hicks. Granted the show is like a train wreck, you simply HAVE to watch. What worries me more is that this mother seems to be teaching this little girl that she simply isn't good enough to win anything unless she is totally transformed into something she naturally is not.

What kind of message does THAT send to a five or six year old kid? Don't even get me started on her nickname..."Honey Boo Boo Child?" It's almost like "Jersey Shore Does Kindergarten."

Even more ridiculous is that this show had higher ratings than the Republican National Convention last night. What are people thinking...or are they even thinking at all?

So instead of watching speeches pertaining to the future of our country, they would rather see a six year old dress up like a stripper and get a peek into  their obviously totally dysfunctional red neck family.

Don't get me wrong...I have plenty of red neck friends, I grew up in Georgia, but none of them dress their tot like this kid's parents do.

Then again, what do I know? They have a prime time show on a major cable network and I can guarantee Honey Boo's mom doesn't have to work as much as I do or worry  about making the mortgage every month.

Maybe I'll buy Massey a "Flipper"  a push up bra and an outfit from our local adult novelty store and let HER take over paying the bills!

It'll never happen in this house. I'd  rather be broke and happy than to use my children as a means to an end that I was too lazy to go out and do FOR them.

Of course this is only MY opinion but I feel sorry for this little girl. My kids have grown up knowing  both their parents have worked themselves to death to give them every opportunity they could and love them all just as they are;  whether it be good, bad or ugly.

I'm taking my youngest to downtown Atlanta on Saturday  to the Dragon*Con parade to see some REAL freaks. We are picking up a high school buddy of mine on the way. It's a great sight to see, peeps that have real jobs who simply like to escape and have fun. Atlanta is a wonderful eclectic city. It's a melting pot and home to millions of people who are all different but all bleed red.

Beauty is only skin deep and highly over rated if you ask me.

Looking forward to a fun day in the city, Then it's back home to reality and work.

I pray for Honey Boo Boo. Everyone should. That's one messed up family taking the easy way out..."Selling out."

Me...I'll stay in my own dysfunctional life with my own three kids who are learning about REAL life the REAL way, experiencing it first hand and learning FROM it.

My life IS "The Learning Channel."

Til next  time..COTTON

2 comments:

Paul Oresteen said...

The 501st Legion or "Vader's Fist" is the best group, most organized group of the parade, always my favorite. Netherworld (haunted house) always has an amazing float.

Auto'Blog'raphy of a Waitress & Mom said...

Netherworld represented BIG time. It was a fun day. Already looking forward to next year!