Saturday, August 4, 2012

Calling It A Night

It's been a long week. Yes I had two days off in a row but that only gave  me 24 hours to pack six months worth of  things to do into. I got about  four  things done but that's better than three!

I'm getting a bit agitated with social media. It's not a soap box or pulpit, it's 'social networking' for Pete's sake. Give all the rants a rest. If  you  think people are so wrong, why are they on your friends list?

I have a lot of opinions too. My opinion about religion is that I lift my head and speak directly to Him. My opinion about politics is when I check a box in the voting booth. The one opinion I WILL voice here is that literally millions and millions of people gripe, fuss and complain but never take the time to vote.

The year I was born, 1960 over 63% of registered voters cast their ballot.
In  2010 ... out of 235,809,266 registered voters only 37% bothered to go  to the polls.

If you want change, you have to VOTE for change. If  you  think this country is so screwed up, who are YOU  to be bitching when you are one of the over 60% who didn't bother to vote?

I know more people than I count who I know for a FACT don't vote. They'll show up for a chicken sandwich on a specific day but can't seem to make it to the polling booth.

THEN SHUT UP !!!

It may just be me, but quite frankly I would be embarrassed to not vote!

How lame is a person be who can't take five minutes out of their day to cast a vote (their opinion) but will sit in lines of traffic for hours just to buy a chicken sandwich?

I know that many of my friends may see this and immediately think I am assuming they don't vote...I would never do  that...but facts are facts and over HALF of the people aren't even voting!

THESE are the people (my angry social networking friends) who you should be spewing your anger at ...unless  you are one OF them and if you are, shut up or vote.



It's not rocket science...it's democracy.

And we're not using it the way it was intended because we are lazy? That is pretty stinking sad.

No matter what yer bitch is, no matter what you feel strongly about...how can you complain when  you are doing absolutely nothing to HELP the problem?

And we think politicians are the crooks?

We are only screwing ourselves when we don't exercise  the most important privilege we have.

This isn't social media, it's my blog so I CAN say "Wake up America...if you want change, what are you waiting for?"

Til next time...A Georgia Voter


No comments: