Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Another Day...That's a Good Thing!

I saw this photo on a friend's FB page and every time I look at it, it still makes me chuckle...which is also a good thing.

Unfortunately I worked another double shift but between shifts picked up Massey from school. She got in the car and informed me that she was graduating from  high school with honors and ranks 155 out of a graduating class of 575. Another good thing!

She's a good kid. All three of my kids are good kids...in different ways but I love them all to death, even though at times thought they were trying to kill me to prove my point. So far I have survived to tell the story. They have all struggled, who hasn't? They all still often tell me they love me...some kids don't. That's another good thing!

My kids had everything they ever wanted when they were little...yet another good thing.

When we hit the skids unfortunately they were all old enough to know their parent's were broke. Not a good thing when you are a parent. It's embarrassing but facts are facts.

We survived...another good thing.

I'm finally having to realize that I am getting older. Not a good thing. I have exhausted myself over the past few years. The good part is I have two kids still at home and have learned how to boss them around and push  their buttons.  You want my car? Put gas in it. You want to borrow my car again? Do some laundry and clean the kitchen. It's amazing what kids can do when they want something from you.

Massey is applying for a job opening at a day care center. Perfect job for her, she's great with kids. Zach is doing wonderful with his new job and TJ is making his own mark on the world...another good thing!

Sometimes you have to step back from the current picture and look at the entire picture.

I have three healthy kids. Yes we hit a rough patch but it taught my kids a valuable lesson. Nothing is a guarantee in life. In life you roll with the punches and come out swinging. You fight back and look for a friend in your corner.

If you are a good person, you will have friends who go to the mat for you. You will have people who have your back and friends who help unasked. That, my friends is a marvelous thing!

I am almost there. Next  year this time I will only have three pups to yell at. It's gonna be like starting over. One is a young pup that wears me (and the other two dogs) out. Another is going blind and the last is a fat lazy bulldog who acts like he can't hear, unless you pour dog food in his bowl.

One more graduation party to  throw. One more time sitting in sweltering heat at a football stadium waiting for them to call my kid's name.

This time it will be with honors. That's a new one for THIS mom!

Doing it again tomorrow. A double shift, picking up Massey  from school and going back to work.

If I have made it this far, what's nine more months?

 An honor graduate and a feeling of total success as a Momma, that's what it is!

Til next time..COTTON









2 comments:

Paul Oresteen said...

Your children are far richer than you will ever know. What you have taught them by example is far more valuable than anything money could buy. You Cottons are good people! :)

Auto'Blog'raphy of a Waitress & Mom said...

We are good people because so many good people(like you) love us!