Wednesday, September 30, 2020

UnTeching

I was dragged kicking and screaming into the huge Technopolis of the w.w.w. phenomenon (way back) when every body used a dial up connection to access the internet.



 I didn't own a cell phone until I was forty years old, if that tells you anything.

 I was that Flintstone who took her first wireless mouse back to Circuit City after it quit working, less than a year later. Turned out it just needed new batteries. I didn't even know it had batteries... the woman (older than me) behind the service desk said, "How'dcha think it worked, baby...by magic?"




After watching The social Dilemma (twice) and doing a whole lotta of thinking and praying, I need to distance myself from most all things social media, including the need to have my cell phone in my hand or within five feet of me, twenty fours hours a day.


Social media (media in general) has turned into nothing more than spewed forth venom and hate; mostly by keyboard cowards, but absolutely designed to suck souls into an unwinnable fight....while all the while, they make trillions of dollars by doing their best to control our every click, swipe, Like or search.


No wonder I was turning into such a bitch.


I'm out. I'm done. I'm over it.

Instead I'll just be me and not worry about what others think. Why should I care what other people think about me, if I live the best life I know how, just like my parents did... and taught me to do?

I'm covered, in my own humble opinion.

 Someone asked me if I watched the debate.

Nope.


That, my friends...is also mind control.


Didn't we all see that debate coming over the backyard fence?

I knew how it was going to go down, and how it'd end up. I knew both sides would come out swinging, no matter what... and once again we would look like morons to the rest of the world.



It's almost like I'm a fortune teller...(not) but sure do love Coelho.


I think the most profound thing I learned from watching The Social Dilemma was this:




I'd much rather get a letter in the snail mail from someone I know, than a meme, gif, link, emoji or video.

Since when do we need to know every single thought every single other person has?


Once again, no wonder my head hurts.




I need to worry more about what kind of person "I" am, instead of worrying about others.

Hopefully if I do, everything else will fall into place.

And if it doesn't, at least I'll know I did my part, the best way I knew how...and can feel pretty good about it.


"I'm me and you're you."

All the rest is just noise.


Till next time...COTTON



No comments: