Sunday, September 13, 2020

Follow Recommended Dosage

 


I'll be the first person to admit I'm crazy as a Betsy Bug.
I enjoy being different, it's much more entertaining. 
I know I can be a bit much, to put it nicely.

To put it bluntly,

 If I came with directions, they would definitely read:

"Best taken in small amounts and never exceed the recommended Dosage."












I know I've made a lot of mistakes and a lot of bad choices, but life is a game of chances, risks and consequences.

If you didn't have hard times, how would you know when you're having good times?

That's never been a problem for my family. We've been all over the place... we've been up, down and gone without. We've felt ourselves sinking but have also surely been saved as well. 

Time after time after time... again and again.








Then we rang in this New Year.


I thought about how ironic the picture of a New Years Eve mask ended up being ...in hindsight.

This year has been quite the doozey for pretty much every person on earth. Every single human has been affected in some type of way.  Be it mentally, physically, emotionally and/or financially, if not... in worse case scenarios, sometimes fatally.

Then you heap on a sloppy mess of  politics during an election year, and the pile between the "aisles" begins to really stink.

And now it's been a hot ass summer.

 At least it's September now.

But guess what?











Dammit!!


Talk about crazy people...it's brought out a whole lot of 'em...and not the good kind of crazy , I'm akin to.


Political issues can and should be debated...when the time and place is right.

Like in a debate....on a stage.


Our opinions truly only make a difference when expressed in the polling booth.

I've got to quit trying to convince people to feel the same way I feel, but it's hard...especially with the current administration.



 I feel it extremely hard to overlook the lack of response when we first heard  about COVID-19.

 For me (a borderline goof ball) that was in late December of 2019. Yet here we are almost ten months down the road, with over 194,000 American lives lost, with the numbers rising every single day.

But our president, the leader of this great country, has rarely ever been seen wearing a mask (cheapest most effective way to slow the spread) and makes fun of his opponent (quite often) for wearing one so much of the time.

Had (HUGE had) he hammered home the message of how important wearing a mask was, when scientists and doctors  very first suggested it...it would be an entirely new  ballgame now, and pretty sure all sports fanatics would be a lot happier as well. Not to mention servers, bartenders and generally everyone in the entertainment, hospitality, travel and tourist industry. I am one of those people, and so are quite a few of my friends and acquaintances.

So many of them are scrambling to simply survive...on and off the job.

I've been a server for over forty years. This is the longest I have ever been out of work, even counting both maternity leaves and being on complete bed rest for most of my pregnancy with Massey.

Do you know how lucky it is for my own family that this didn't happen ten years ago? We would be homeless by this point now, there is no doubt in my mind.

Absolutely none.

This was us at our most humiliatingly worst. At least we all managed a smile (and at least Zach wasn't scowling)... but with faith, lots of love and even more hard work, we clawed our way back.

 Day after day. Week after week. Month after month and eventually year after year.

You know, I could (maybe) overlook a lot of things this president has done, and by that I mean things we know to be factual...like the women, misogynistic comments, bank deals, and colluding with Russians, therefore also tampering with an US election.


I know there is plenty of mud to sling around. After all, they are politicians. Basically paid crooks.



I liked Bill Clinton, and voted for him. I think he did a pretty job good, considering what a tremendously hard job it is to run this country.

I also thought he was an absolutely terrible husband to his wife (after LewinskyGate), and was disappointed in him, but at least he did the job I elected him to do and felt pretty secure and safe living in America. Would I vote for him again? That would be a negative, Ghost Rider.


Obama? I miss him, and still do. That family was (is) a class act in my opinion. Was he perfect? No. But almost 200,000 Americans didn't die on his watch within ten months time from a virus he didn't mandate complete mask usage for from the immediate onset..and pretty sure if he had, he would have had one on every single time you saw him in public, on a podium or around other people in general.


What I can't get over, is this administration's entire handling of this pandemic. How many times have you seen our president wear a mask since March? I've seen him wear one twice. I have one with me every single time I leave the house in my car...and have it on my face  as soon as I get out of  my car.

I sanitize my hands immediately after leaving any place, before I even get to my car. Of course I only go out for grocery or gas runs, and maybe a Goodwill trip twice a month. Once home, I immediately wash my hands again after putting groceries or finds in the garage refrigerator or garage shelves for their waiting period to hopefully De-Corona-fy.


Here's my beef.



If people (especially politicians) would extend a hand towards the center aisle instead of pointing accusingly at the other side with a wagging finger, maybe we could find some common ground (and sense) somewhere in the middle.

Morality is a whole 'nother can of worms...with absolutely no room for debate in my book.

You're either a good person, or you're not.

It's not a gray area.


If evangelicals rally behind Trump (which they're doing en masse) it makes me wonder what God they believe in?

The day (I watched it) he  was quoted saying he was reading a passage from "Two Corinthians" led me to believe he had rarely if ever, even heard of second Corinthians much less first Corinthians.

Here's a good rule of thumb:

Don't lie about  Bible knowledge.

God doesn't particularly like a smart ass.









I've always been taught  integrity means doing the right thing, even if no one is watching.


My BFFL Webster, defines Integrity as:

(1) the quality of being honest and having strong moral principles; moral uprightness.

(2) the state of being whole and undivided.

(DING DING DING...We have a winner with that second one)


I simply do not think this president is a person with much integrity or any morals.

You'd be hard pressed to convince me otherwise after the (myriad of) things I have heard him say and  do since first announcing his run for the presidency.

 My husband feels the same way and almost always voted the  Republican ticket until the 2016 election. He actually thought at first, that Trump's running was a conspiracy to help Hillary get elected, and said more times than once, that he would never win in a million years and I needed to quit worrying.

OOPS.


Even after all the misogynistic comments and crude remarks, he continued to gain support.

Then this happened. It should  have been the end of his campaign but it wasn't.


Spin it any way you want...it was atrocious.


Back to my bffl, Webster...


Atrocious: horrifyingly wicked (ie)

"atrocious cruelties"

>of a very poor quality; extremely bad or unpleasant.


You prove to me that he has never said or done all, or any of these things, and are just fake news, as he calls it...then get back to me and just maybe I'll rethink my position.




I'm hearing Crickets.


What's even crazier...and you know me, I'm right there on the town square of Crazy City...preaching  equality, compassion and inclusion, and doing it pretty loudly. Every day.

It seems a few people who have known me some or all of my life; follow me on social media or read my blog consider it disgusting if I post anything remotely negative about the extremely blatant bully, who also happens to be our president.

And they want him to be elected him again?

WHY?!


I haven't changed. I'm the same person you first met, whether it was in the sixties, seventies, a few years ago, or maybe even this past year.

  I've grown older but not up...and lucky for me my metabolic rate is pleasantly stuck.


I'm still wearing clothes I've had for over thirty years. They're my favorites. If you keep clothes long enough, and are lucky to keep yourself reasonably around the same size, and live that long... they'll  come back  into style... then all the sudden you'll be one of the cool kids on the block again, with no out of pocket expense...and your twenty five year old daughter will love her finds in your closet.

Trust me, I've done it for decades.

Never forget yesterday...instead learn from it.


How many of you remember me in this jacket?






I still have it.

I think what bothers me most is this. The feelings and views I had as a kid over fifty years ago, after being raised by Frank and Ann  Leach...I still have today.

I had pretty awesome parents.

They were pretty smart. And were loved by many.

If I live my life (and I do) the way they raised me to live it, I must be at least an okay person.


That's a win in my book of Life.




All politics aside. The actual fact remains, science is being ignored over money and power.



This is a sad state.

For everyone.


May God Bless America.

If you're more than down and out right now and need help to survive, contact me and will help in any way I can, or hopefully steer you in the right direction.

That's what good people do.

And that's why we call ourselves good people.

Not to brag, but I feel much better being a good person than a bad person.


Hate me, love me, I'm just me.

And nobody else.


Till next time...

COTTON















No comments: