Friday, September 25, 2020

Daughter's Day

 


None of my kids are perfect, just like the parents who raised them...




but will say with firm conviction, that all three have turned out to be excellent human beings.



What a long strange trip it's been, and wouldn't change one mile of the journey even if I could.







After two boys, we had a girl.
 
She entered this world a four pound fighter, almost three months early from the jump, and it almost killed us both.


What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.
And it did.





So appears it's Daughter's Day via the big brother website known as social media.
I try and not get on social media or watch "news shows" much anymore. It's toxic and drains my soul.



Had it been Sons' Day I would have skipped this post completely...my boys would never notice or read it, although their sister would most certainly make both of them aware of it, after the fact.

Boys...go figure.






So anyway, shout out to an especially spectacular daughter.

In every way.





You didn't say ten words your first three years... but somehow turned out to be an amazing and incredible vocal advocate of everything positive, true, equal and fair.




It was a good day for this planet when almost three months early my placenta ruptured, connecting you to me. I lost over five pints of blood, your tiny self lost one, and everyone was worried. You battled through.


And this world gained a hero that day.
You.


For everything that that gets on my nerves about you (usually laundry related) there are a million more things which absolutely astonish  me.

So here's to you...and I salute you.

I wish I'd been half the young woman you are, when I was your age.


I can hardly wait to see how far you go...and how kindly you speak about my crazy self once you get there.


Till next time, COTTON

No comments: