Friday, April 5, 2013

When It Rains It Pours...Good And Bad

Almost midnight. Just walked in the door from work. Through being a server til next week, now just have to sell some furniture for a couple of days and my work week will be complete. It's been much easier on me having the two jobs and  get a lot more rest.

Massey comes home tomorrow night and I'm looking forward to a big hug and hearing all about her trip to Disney. Special shout of thanks out to the wonderful  family who took her with them on their own family vacation and made her feel like a part of the family. It's been a great spring break for her and gave me lots of time to work and get some bills paid.

I got to spend some extra time with Zach, something I don't do nearly enough and enjoyed the time with him. We are too much  alike...WAY too much, and frequently butt heads but usually just agree to disagree since each of us always thinks we are right. (I'm almost always right, unless you  ask him)

He took me out for lunch several times this week...always to his favorite place (Mother's Kitchen) and every meal was delicious and always an uplifting experience. The people there make you  feel welcomed and you leave full in the belly AND soul. They have really taken a shine to Zach and simply call me "Zach's Momma."

Zach had me really worried this time last year. I now feel nothing but pride for how far he has come. He's working hard, saving his money and keeping on  the straight and narrow. Couldn't ask for much more. Well, I could but it ain't gonna happen so I'm happy with what I get.

I woke up last night to go to the bathroom and found Zach on  the computer at 2:30 in the morning. I asked him what he was doing and he said "Talking to TJ on Facebook."

I went back to bed smiling.

My little Beemer will be ready by Wednesday. We got a loan to pay off the repairs and Zach is going to pay off the loan and have a nifty 1995 black BMW 325i convertible as a first car. Tim and I are buying a Volvo station wagon from the guy who sold Tim his and making payments on it. Looks like we'll all have a car soon and that will make my life even easier.

I used to think my life totally sucked, and for a while it seemed like it did. I used to think "Who would want our life?"
I got the answer in a most unusual way.

The picture above is Tim and me taking our vows at our wedding. The guy behind Tim is his best man. They were best  friends in high school and have remained close throughout the years.

When I first met Tim and his best friend, they immediately reminded me of Bill and Ted, trying to have  an excellent adventure. Our future best man was Ted and Tim was Bill. Trust me...it was a close comparison.

Ted ended up doing a lot better than us financially. They have a really nice house,  rental properties and two kid's who both went to college, one graduated and another currently attending Ga. Tech.

Why couldn't that be us? They seemed to have everything. They are a great couple and have always been good friends of ours, but sometimes I wished we had their lives instead of ours.

Then my husband got the call from his friend last week.

Their son had just been diagnosed with Hodgekins Lymphoma and scheduled to start chemotherapy immediately.

I mentally smacked the crap out of myself on both cheeks, sent up a prayer for Kevin (their son) and thanked God for having three kids who may at times, not had a lot and certainly at times tested me  but have always been healthy.

The revolution of my whole world did a 180...as did theirs.

 “When you think things are bad,
when you feel sour and blue,
when you start to get mad...
you should do what I do!
Just tell yourself, Duckie,
you're really quite lucky!
Some people are much more...
oh, ever so much more...
oh, muchly much-much more
unlucky than you!”  (Dr. Seuss)

I am praying so hard for this kid. I am praying so hard for his parents. I am praying hard for his sister.

It makes me ashamed I ever griped about my own life.

I've had almost 66,000 hits on my blog. If each of  you just send up one prayer for this young man that would be awesome.

God answered  many prayers for my own family these past few years and were just paltry requests compared to this one.

I can't imagine how they feel... well I can but it makes me sick to my stomach.

God Bless Kevin and his family...and we're behind you 100% !

Til next  time...Cotton






No comments: