Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Hidden Tears

My oldest son TJ (Tim junior) left this morning on his life adventure. He's decided to move to Australia. I'm behind his decision one hundred percent. Wish I had done something that like when I was in my twenties.

This pic was after Tim and I had been together for a year and right before we married. TJ has always been a sweet  boy and although I didn't give birth to him he will always be my first born.

We were just like any other family. The kids fought like crazy and all seemed to despise each other growing up.

Then they grew up.
Massey is absolutely crazy about her oldest brother now,  and coming around about her younger brother.

Here's the thing.

When you have sibs,  you  all fight like crazy when you are young... you blame every thing  on each other and never expect them to come to your rescue, and that's a good thing...because  they won't.

The older you get, the smarter you get.

My own momma taught me that before she died when I was seventeen.


So here are all three of my kids together today. TJ has decided to simply take a leap of faith and move to Australia.

The best part about him moving (if there is one)  is that it has emotionally moved  not only Massey (who adores him) but  more importantly emotionally moved his younger brother, Zach.

Over the past two months Zach and TJ  have  in the words of the Beatles, " Come Together, Right Now."  They mended fences and dug in deep as brothers.

In true Cotton fashion we were running behind this morning to meet TJ for his send off breakfast  by  the Atlanta airport.

We met TJ for breakfast with his Mother and his other sister. It was a Brady Bunch send off!!

I haven't seen Tim's ex wife since TJ played Tee ball when he was five.

We all came together today for a common goal. We all came together to show TJ we loved him.

Massey brought her camera and we took lot's of photos.


This is a pic of TJ and his mother, his sister and his niece.

Massey commented yesterday she thought it would be awkward because she has never met TJ's  mom or sister.

Zach clarified it for us all  this morning on the way to the  breakfast sendoff.

"We all love TJ and that's all  that matters."

We are a blended family...but we are a family.

I hugged TJ one last time and my eyes filled with tears. I turned away so he couldn't see it but my heart swelled, my eyes brimmed over and everything wrong he had ever done fell to the way side.

The only thing that made this alright was  he had both his moms and all his sibs. Family is everything in my book and TJ had it all!




Massey gives him two thumbs up  and I am just thankful to call him my son. I am just as thankful that DeAnne has allowed me to be a part of his life.

Waiting to hear great things from you TJ!!

WE ALL LOVE YOU...especially this old COTTON




No comments: