Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The Cotton Compound

 
So far 2013 is looking pretty good as I peer out at it from behind the beauty which is my life. I can't remember the last time I had Christmas Eve and New Year's Day off. Actually it has been at least thirty some odd years. The holidays are behind us, everything paid for in cash and just feel that "Thirteen" will be our year!

I went to work today at three, got off around ten and don't have to be back til Friday morning. Then I have Friday night off too...it's like a belated Christmas present!

I made a list tonight of everything I have to do tomorrow and it's a long one. Ziggy helped with taking the tree down last night and stripping it of ornaments and lights. Zach's gonna burn the tree in the fire pit out back. Massey heads back to school tomorrow and first off I am heading to Great Clips to get all this gray hair cut out of my head. (Got my $7.99 coupon!)  Next stop BJ's for dog food (incredibly cheap for Iams) before my free membership expires. Cleaning bathrooms, cooking dinner again for my family who wonders who took over their mother's body this past week but aren't complaining.

It's been nice to have more than two days off in a month which is what my schedule has been from before Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve. It was of my own choosing but worked out pretty well for us.We didn't charge one thing for Christmas which is easy when you don't have credit cards.

Ziggy tore my arm up last night playing. He sliced my forearm open and with my "Old lady skin" left a gash two inches long.

I am just excited about another day off and only a day shift on Friday. Ziggy has all his shots so I just need to apply Neosporin  and clean it with Hydrogen peroxide.

Massey has always said thirteen was her lucky number. I'm gonna join her. 2013 will be our year.

My house is a crazy house... and I wouldn't have it any other way. We are a fly by the seat of your pants clan. We roll with the punches and come out swinging.

I waited on our bankruptcy lawyer tonight at work...which the IRS dismissed because of the debacle over the company that Tim got suckered into and no one stepped up to help with.

I told him we had gone from being seven months behind on our mortgage to eight weeks behind. He said to come see him and refile. "It will get the bastards off your back."

We have climbed out of the  valley and began the rise to the mountain top!

Life can be tough...but if you fight and persist, you can make it.

It hasn't been alone. It has been with the help of many. It felt lonely at times. It has been overwhelming at other times.

2013 is going to be a lucky one!

I think thirteen is my lucky number too !

Til next time...Cotton

No comments: