Wednesday, December 26, 2012

It Was a Good One


It just wouldn't be Christmas without my brother bothering one of the boys. This is an old photo...that's Massey on the right talking to my Diddy in the background. She was probably five. That's my nephew Griff enjoying a hug from his uncle.

I think this is the first year one of the boys... TJ, Casey, Griffin or Zach haven't been pinned down or wrestled to the ground by their uncle Chris. We have at least twenty photos of the boys all in various holds or contorted states. Chris must be slipping...the only one he pinned down this year was Ziggy. Then again, Ziggy was due.

Somehow it all came together. All those days working non stop from Thanksgiving to Christmas paid off. I got every thing bought and paid for with cash and even managed to get Christmas Eve off.

The family all came over to our house Christmas Day and I threw together dinner. Chris got there first and threw together some Bloody Mary's and the party began. My kids were all happy with what they got, I was thrilled with my bounty and blessed beyond belief. Family, friends , fun  and love!

The above is one of my favorite presents. Massey made it for me in her pottery  class. I got  lots of nice clothes and a great pea coat. I got shoes and other presents but the best present of all was laughter, food and cheer with my whole family and  didn't have to leave it all early to run to work or leave the house at all.


Ham was treated like  a King. He was petted and loved on and secretly fed chunks of ham and mac and cheese. Charlie was just happy his daddy TJ was there.  Ziggy was just happy...he always is whether he is bad or good, the boy is just always happy.

My nephew actually managed to teach  Ziggy to sit and shake. You would have thought he had taught Ziggy how to decipher secret codes from the Taliban I was so happy! Here I was resigned to the fact we were destined for signing him up for the K9 special Olympics and hoping he could win a bronze medal for "Cutest Circle of Dooky on a Floor" and now he was actually doing a REAL trick and even one I don't have to pick up with toilet paper!

We had a sugar glazed ham, home made mac & cheese, baked beans with bacon, asparagus casserole and potato salad. We had toll house chocolate chip cookies and rice krispie treats. We had fun looking up funny things on the Internet, YouTube and looking at old pictures and videos. We simply had fun...and a wonderful Christmas time!

I crashed on the sofa after all were gone and dishes were washed. Ate my  fave, a frozen pizza and watched Indiana Jones, the Temple of Doom and Office Space. I fell asleep on  the sofa to the sound of  Zach and TJ talking downstairs in the dining room together just being brothers. It was wonderful  to hear and lulled me into a deep sleep.

I woke up this morning still on  the couch and thought about how much I could get up and do. Then I rolled over and  covered up. I stayed on the couch til it was time to get ready for work at three. It was an awesome day. I watched movies and the news. I watched GH and ate some some lunch Massey brought me.

I went into work and came back home. Now I am off again til Friday morning...ain't life grand? Taking my Ham for his last heart worm shot tomorrow and doing the family thing again til Friday morning. I didn't realize how much I needed the rest til I took it...and it felt marvelous!

We've  come full circle and that is a great gift. It wasn't easy and certainly didn't do it alone but have done it none the less.

Come on 2013...Let's see whatcha got!

Til next  time...a much rested COTTON

No comments: