Thursday, October 4, 2012

He's Back!! (Kinda Sorta)

Turns out I didn't need the switch I bought from the John Deere store but at least now I have a new one. I didn't need any new parts, just lots of help.

My brother n law came over and tried for over an hour to help  the other day and had some great suggestions that I need to follow through on regarding maintenance. I finally figured out how to change the oil and will start keeping my lil buddy a lot cleaner.

Mr. "Slow"Lee was no help but donated a roll of electrical tape and tons of opinions and always loans me tools.

Who'd a thunk it would be Zach and his buddy to get Johnny to finally roar to life? Not this momma!

I opened this morning at work, got off around two, went  to the bank drive through and made my deposit at  the last drive through farthermost from the bank while making a fake call on my cell phone which is also about to be cut off. I like to look busy when I am worried about my balance so if they one day finally press their little speaker and say "Mrs.  Cotton, could you come inside please?" I can say into my cell phone which is really off anyway  "Oprah, I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to call you back."

No worries, God looked out for me once again and I'm good. After tonight's shift I'll be even Steven and by  the end of the weekend will be a millionaire...not really but it will feel like I am.

Came home and changed into  shorts and worked on Johnny for over an hour. I googled solutions, I tried the test light and I tried holding his little steering wheel and  saying a prayer before I tried once again  to get him "Crunk." No go!

Zach finally came out in the garage and helped me...by  calling his buddy next door to come asses the situation. His buddy is my next door husband's son who knows almost as much as his dad. Not really but he's a pretty  sharp kid. His dad is getting married on Saturday, they have a lot to do so I have tried not to bother him. I like to save my next  door husband for big emergencies like house fires or  hot water tanks that go out in the middle of winter.

Since our tools consist of duct tape one screwdriver, rusty pliers and Gorilla glue, they pushed Johnny over to his house and started surgery. They took off and cleaned cables, found two wires that weren't even connected and spliced, soldered and pieced his innards back together. I was out back with the pups and heard Johnny roar to life next  door!

One wire still isn't connected but they can touch the wire to the post and he cranks right up...that's all I needed.

I went back to work and managed to stay late and shark the other two servers out of the last four tables and make enough to cover my bank deposit for tomorrow. Heck, I might even go inside like a big shot to make my deposit!

This lifestyle is beginning to wear me out but when I make things work out it makes me keep  the faith and keep on keeping on.

On a brighter note my hot flashes have really subsided. Last night I had a biggie and wondered why? I learned why when at 6:45 this morning Aunt Flow came a knocking like a tsunami. For Pete's sake, it's been three months...I'm over fifty two years old and tired of it. Massey was awake and said "This is my last one, take it."

I often wonder...what is man's torment in late mid life? Then I remember Tim is married to me and hasn't tried to kill me once. He'll get a free pass on that one.

I'm just so excited that I can cut grass tomorrow. All I needed was one more cut. My yards, Mr. "Slow" Lee's and the  front of the subdivision. (which will bring in sixty more bucks)

We're getting there...I'm getting there and we'll all get there if we just hang in there!

I can't go  to the wedding of my next door husband on  Saturday because it's in the Blue Ridge Mountains and I have to work at five but at least that way I won't be tempted to protest when the minister asks if anyone has objections. I'm losing my next door husband (sigh) but gaining a next door sister wife! Massey, Zach and Tim are going and what a great weekend to go to Blue Ridge!

Massey is taking the wedding pictures and although I hate missing it know they will have an awesome time. It will be nice for them to be away from bossy me.

I'll stay here, take care of our pups and our next door neighbor's. I'll get the yards all nice and trim and get us back in the black.

It's a win win situation.

Life is what you make of it. Work with the cards you are dealt and if you live life right will almost always have a winning hand.

Congrats to my next door husband and his bride.

Til next time...COTTON











No comments: