Sunday, October 21, 2012

Things That Annoy Me

I am not a patient person and realize this. My husband is the most patient person on earth, which just irritates me even more. He only loses patience with me...but that's to be expected.

There is nothing that irritates me more than to be  running late and be behind stupid people in a line. It can be the bank, the gas station grocery store or  post office. Case in point: I am  zooming to work with no minutes to spare, have to stop for gas. I get in line, only one person in front of me, and this is the conversation: "Yeah, I think I'll take two of those umm, number threes and maybe two of the number fourteens. Let's see, maybe I'll get a mega millions ticket. Let's get it straight box...no wait a minute. Let's just get four more number eights and a cash option for the power ball on Saturday."

I took Massey  to get her driver's license this past summer and out of the thirty people in  front of us in line maybe four had all  the required documents. Same thing when I went to get my car  tag. There were twenty people in line taking up space in front of the three of us who had every  thing we needed to get our tags. Sheesh!

I went to the post office the other day. I just needed a stamp to mail a bill. They had closed five minutes earlier but the door was still open. I thought I would just buy a stamp  from  the machine. I looked up and saw a sign pointing around the corner to the "Stamp Machine." I rounded the corner to see a blank space where the stamp machine USED to be. No wonder the postal service is going broke. There was a woman checking her PO box and I asked her where the stamp machine was? She said they had taken it out a few months ago and commented "It never worked anyway half the time."

It's like picking up the phone at  work and people wanting to place a to go order.  You  ask them what they want and they put you on hold three times to ask someone what type pasta they want or what kind of salad dressing they would like? Aren't these  things they should have already talked over or written down?

How about the person in front of you at  the grocery store who diligently watches the cashier ringing up  their order but waits until the cashier tells them their total before they even attempt to find their purse, dig out a wallet and take out their checkbook. Then they say "What's the date?" Or even worse..."Do you have a pen?"

These are all obviously people who have a LOT more spare time than I do and it's irritating to those of us who don't.

There should be two lines...one for the people who are ready and one for the people who are idiots.

I also get irritated when someone is in line in front of me , their transaction has been completed but  continue to chat it up. I say move to the side and talk while the rest of us move along.

Maybe one day I will have plenty of time and be one of the "Chatter's."

A girl can dream.

Til next  time...COTTON





No comments: