Monday, September 13, 2010

What Time Zone Am I Living In?


I seem to be living in the "Black Hole" time zone.
When I work a lot I tend to stay up way too late and sleep way too late as well. I get up to take Zach to school and come back home. I piddle around the house, eat and take a late morning nap.
I have always been a night owl and just enjoy the solitude of a quiet house with no sounds except the snoring of three dogs arranged around my feet. It's when I catch up on the laundry, do the dishes that have been left in the sink that no one claims to have left and do my blogging. If they could invent a silent vacuum cleaner I would REALLY have something going.
I have a full day tomorrow (today) planned. I have let the island in my front yard grow ridiculously out of control and my bushes seem to be over taking the front of my house.
I am cutting it ALL back tomorrow...my front yard and bushes will make my hair cut look like Crystal Gayle's.
I have the day off so I will work in the yard all day and have volunteered to chaperone at Massey's guard practice tomorrow night from 5:30 to 8:30. That means I sit out in the parking lot and in the gym making sure Teddy (their coach) doesn't kill one of the guard with his always gruelling workouts and demands.
Thank the Lord for crock pots! I have my roast thawing in the sink and will throw it in before I go out front to cut back the jungle I have let take over my front yard.
I added some widgets to my blog...had no idea what "Widgets" were until a dear friend of mine (who is super smart...A Tech Grad) told me to add them to my blog. It's kinda like shopping from my blog page. They (Amazon) read my blog and add things readers may be interested in, pertaining to what I write about and if things are purchased I get a cut.
Sounded good to me... and if I can make $300 by tomorrow afternoon the check I am taking to EMC for our power bill might just clear!
I'm not really counting on that but you know me...I wait until after four to take the check, scratch over the electronic account numbers on my check with a spoon so that it doesn't go through automatically but gets kicked back and has to be processed manually ( my mother in law taught me THAT trick) and then hope that Oprah comes in to eat dinner with her posse at my restaurant , asks for my table and leaves me a tip bigger than her hair do.
HEY! It could happen...
You gotta stay positive.
At least my yard will look good, at least Massey will be happy I am at practice with her and at least dinner will be done when we finally get home at 9:00.
Maybe when Massey and I pull in the drive, Ed McMahon will be standing there with a fist full of balloons and a huge cardboard check..."HEY..It COULD Happen."
I am going to paint my nails and shave my legs...and watch me some Soaps and go to bed. Great therapy for a woman...nothing makes me feel better than fancy looking toe nails when I am slinging a weed eater around.
Off til Wednesday so I will post pics of my trimmed down yard tomorrow.
Til next time...COTTON

1 comment:

Mary Anne said...

Kelly, Good Luck with your widgets! (I had never heard of them either). Let me know if they work! Mary Anne