Sunday, March 7, 2010

Yeah I'm FUNNY !

Massey had a competition this weekend and I am worn out. I didn't get to help work at the school because I worked all weekend and squeezed the Guard competition into my off time...that means before and after work.
I hate that I couldn't volunteer at the school, those parents worked their butts off this weekend. Every time I go to a competition, the food runs out and all that is left is a random Gatorade (the flavor no one likes) or a hamburger that has been sitting around for hours waiting to give you food poisoning. I'll have to hand it to OUR school. Plenty of food...pretty good food and they didn't run out of anything. All I had to eat yesterday was a burger and chips washed down with a coke after Massey's performance but it tasted like Fillet Mignon to me.
Today I went back to the school for her last performance (another blog altogether) and dashed to work only one hour late.
RACE WEEKEND...UUGGHH
Once the race was over the bright colored jackets and trucker hats descended upon our restaurant and I made some decent money. I was so tired it wasn't funny but I knew in 6 hours I would be off and knew I could struggle through one more shift.
I went to greet a new table and there sat Kyle Petty with a crew member and his girlfriend. I mostly remember his dad, Richard with his cool shades but knew who Kyle was. A few people stopped by his table to pester him but I guess that million dollars sitting in his bank account makes it worth it. I have waited on him before and the crew guy said he remembered me from their last visit.
I told Kyle "Hey, I know who you are...you're Ricky Bobby aren't you?" ( from Talladega Nights)
He didn't miss a beat and said "I certainly am."
Thank goodness he thought it was funny...at least his crew member did, he laughed for a good thirty seconds.
They left me a phat 20% tip and I got lucky with a kid who was by himself and left me a 30% percent tip (he was a server too.)
So I got to make a funny joke with Kyle Petty, got to see my girl perform and walked out the door with almost two "Bills."
Laundry is washing, dogs are by my feet and I am headed back to work in the morning .
NASCAR....I just don't get it.
They are all headed THAT a way hanging a continuous left.
Different boats for different folks.
Glad this weekend is over...unfortunately I picked up my only day off so I am back to a 13 day stretch.
Til next time... COMIC COTTON

No comments: