Friday, March 26, 2010

Missing My Girl


I just got home from work (Gee that sounds so GOOD to me.)
Tim has left for work, Zach is upstairs in his own little world and I sit here with three dogs wrapped around my feet already missing my girl who has only been gone nine hours. I miss my boys when they are gone but most of my spare time is spent with Massey right by my side if she is home. I've been lucky that Massey has always felt close to me and there aren't many things she doesn't share with me.
I try to remember if I was close to my mother when I was 14 but having to think hard about it lets me know I was not. Had I known when I was 14 that I only had 3 years left with her I would have stuck to her like glue but when you are 14 you don't think about death too much and it seemed to me being popular with my peers was much more important than being popular with my mother.
I think that losing my mother at such an early age is what makes me feel such a close bond with Massey. She is named after my mother, was born eighteen years to the day my mother died and is such a big part of me that if I didn't have her I would truly feel incomplete. Paraphrasing Jerry Maquire... "She completes me."
Don't get me wrong. I can get mad as a hatter with her...especially when I walk by her bedroom, which I call "Ground Zero." She is the biggest slob I have ever seen when it comes to her bedroom but when she walks out of it she is dressed and accessorized like she has a personal designer hidden in her closet. I don't know how she finds any thing in that room...sometimes you can't even tell if she has carpeting. She could go in there and rip the carpet up and it would never be noticed since you rarely ever see the actual floor. Her closet is worse...it makes "Ross Dress For Less" look meticulously organized.
She is like a female "Pig Pen" walking through the house, dropping bobby pins and leaving empty glasses , back packs notebooks or just wadded up pieces of paper in her wake. It's always easy to track her down...just follow the trail.
My boys say I spoil her and they are probably right. But after marrying a man, having two sons and a male dog I was READY to spoil by the time Massey made her early arrival into this world . Boys don't want to be spoiled, they want to be left alone.
She has been dramatic since she ruptured my placenta almost eight weeks early and came into my life weighing barely 4 pounds and causing me to lose almost 5 pints of blood...Talk about an entrance!
I love my boys...boys are so low maintenance, give them Pokemon cards and Legos when they are really young, rent them videos games when they reach the age of 8 and leave them alone after they hit 13.
My girl came into this world in a dramatic fashion and immediately found her niche.
I think that losing my own mother so young has drawn me to Massey in a way that makes me want to hold her as close as I can for as long as I can.
I miss her tonight, I started a new job and wanted to give her all the latest news...but she is in Macon at a competition. I usually never miss a competition but work had to come first and missing my girl fell into second place.
Last year at this time I was preparing to drive to Macon in the biggest torrent of rain I have ever been witness to (see previous post.)
Luckily she gets home tomorrow night...actually after midnight but I will be the first one in the parking lot of the school.
I will clean her room tomorrow before I go to work (already rented the back hoe) and will be so excited to just see her face looking at me as she walks to my car in the parking lot of the school.
My boys need me but act like they don't. My girl needs me and would be devastated if I wasn't there for every moment of her life.
I wouldn't have it any other way.
Boys are boys and girls are girls...but being a Mom RULES!
Till next time COTTON

No comments: