Saturday, February 27, 2010

They Killed Twins!

I had to go to a meeting at work today @ 8:45 AM. WHERE IS THE JUSTICE?
I came home from the meeting and fell back into bed with the news of the earthquake in Chile. That's all I need, an interesting news story and a whole 24 hours off from work.

I have always been a weather GEEK. I love the Weather Channel and the suggestion that there MAY be a tsunami headed towards Hawaii had me riveted.

When the tsunami hit in Indonesia a few years back, I couldn't stop watching the videos. I knew thousands and thousands had been killed but seeing the wrath of Mother Nature just amazes and mesmerizes me.

I got back home from my meeting at work and settled into bed with the remote.

My husband said I was sick in the mind. I told him I didn't WANT another tsunami to hit but if it happened I wanted to see it.

I slept on and off til 4:00 when the first wave was supposed to hit the shores of Hawaii.

My husband was even more disgusted with me when I informed him "Stinkin' Hawaii dodged the bullet."

I guess he had me there...but earthquakes and tsunamis absolutely intrigue and interest me more than the"Fantasy Five" winning numbers.

Mother Nature RULES...no political beliefs or ties...no opinions or views...it just HAPPENS.

I stayed in bed til almost seven when my seventeen year old son came home and said "You said dinner would be ready at seven."

I told him "I meant I was GOING to the store at seven."

Once I didn't have another tsunami to watch and be fascinated by..I shrugged on a jacket and went to the store.

At least I was making Zach's favorite meal...my homemade macaroni and cheese, baked beans and smoked pork chops with deviled eggs.

Dinner was ready at almost ten...but I was happy and in my little square of the Universe ..that is all that matters.

I went to make the deviled eggs and discovered an egg with a double yolk. I have NEVER seen a double yolk egg. I even marched it up the steps to show my husband. "LOOK, LOOK...Have you EVER seen this?"

He was sweet and said "No baby, I haven't."

I told him I was taking a picture of it and he just slowly shook his head. Two chicks in ONE shell...Dang, THAT'S TWINS!

So I am a doofus...I waited all day for a catastrophe that I really didn't want to occur...but if it did I wanted to be privy to it. The earthquake was horrible...I am glad that the fore casted tsunami didn't occur...but if it HAD , I would have been watching it LIVE.

I got to sleep on and off for ten hours straight...my daughter is off with her best friend, my 17 year old son is pouting in his room for unknown reasons...dinner got cooked (albeit ten at night) and I have plenty of left overs to eat.

All I know is that I have Never, Never seen a double yolk egg....I guess that is nature making up for me not witnessing another tsunami.

Til next time...Consumed by Weather Cotton...

PS Ya gotta click on the photo...it really WAS a double yolk egg!










No comments: