Sunday, February 28, 2010

Groundhogs... Who Put Them in Charge of Spring?

So it's a cute fat little varmint...BIG WHOOP !
Yes I am a sissy when it comes to being cold...that's why I live in the deep south. So why I am living in the "Deep Freeze?"
Some people blame all this crazy weather on global warming...I'm blaming it on the groundhog!
I got home from work over an hour ago and my feet are STILL freezing. On top of that the forecast for Tuesday is snow again. "AGAIN? There have been so many winters that never saw a snowflake fall yet this year I feel like I live in Michigan (if you call that kind of weather 'living.')
Dang...they don't even sell sleds here, when it snows the kids have to get out cardboard or baking sheets to squeeze onto for their sledding adventures. I have quite a few bent baking sheets from the "big" snowfall a few years back. Luckily my kids are too big to fit on them now and have had to resort to cardboard sleds only.
The only bright spot I have found in this new frozen tundra I have been subjected to is that now my three dogs don't track in mud because everything has been frozen solid and comes off as they walk across the beach towel I leave by the back door.
BRING BACK THE MUD!!
I never thought I would hear myself say that but I am sick of this COLD COLD COLD !
It doesn't help either that I'm ' thinny' now and it doesn't take much for the wind to not only freeze me but knock me over with a strong gust .
I am TIRED of the cold. Bring on those ninety degree days when I can work in my yard and work up a sweat at the same time.
Who put that stinkin groundhog in charge anyway? I'm sure it was a Yankee.
Keep your groundhog theory up north, keep the snow and sleet up north!
Just leave us to be in charge of red necks and monster truck shows.
I'm going to boil a ten quart pot of water to add to my bath and try to thaw myself out.
Anybody else want to put a contract out on a groundhog? I know I do!
Til next time, shivering cold ...Cotton

No comments: