Wednesday, February 24, 2010

"I AM WOMAN" (Need I say more?)

So I gave men a glowing review in a recent post (not) so now it's women's turn !



Yes I am biased but when you can push a human being out of a hole originally the the size of a nickel, I think it calls for some special recognition.



I found the above photo on google images and just LOVED it! Very "Picassoey" I thought...now that I have made up a new word let me continue with some real ones.

We'll start with work. I work with mostly all women. We have about six or seven male servers and about twenty five female servers. I can leave the expo area with two pitchers of sweet and unsweet tea in one hand and three plates of food on the other arm with steak sauce and a bottle of ketchup in my apron and two checks printed off and stuffed into the back of my jeans. I will pass a male server checking his text messages while sipping on a coke. For a man..THAT is muti tasking. Some are better than others, I'll give them that...but if you want four jobs done at once, ask a woman. It takes the male servers forever and a day to clean their tables and do their side work (It's too much like house work for them.)

Let's move on to the home front.

Case in point...I got off of work at almost 10:00 tonight, swung by Blockbuster for my son...got gas and came home to let the dogs out, start the washer and dishwasher, bring all the dirty clothes to the laundry room and set up my ironing board to iron a work shirt for tomorrow. While the laundry started to wash I went out in the back yard with a hammer and a metal stake to close up the gap the bull dog chewed between the gates big enough for his fat butt to squeeze through (all he does is squeeze through and run around the house and scratch on the front door waiting to be let back in.) Wouldn't it be easier on his teeth to simply scratch on the BACK door to ask back in ? Of course he's a male!

Laundry on, dishes washing in the dishwasher, video game rented, car gassed up and fence fixed and now I'm sitting at my computer blogging.

I think it is a genetic thing...it HAS to be!

All the men in my house move like slugs with salt poured on them. I am sad to say Massey seems to lacking the "multi task" gene, but maybe hers is buried like a wisdom tooth and will burst through eventually and fill her life with the same pain I feel on a daily basis.

I don't really mind it...at least I know I CAN get it done...let it BE done and let it be OVER with.

I have looked at this situation from both sides. The more you do for people...the less they tend to do for themselves and the more they rely on you. On the flip side...I don't have a lot of spare time to wait for them to realize their slackness.

Let me also say that I DO take time for myself these days... Wednesday and Thursday I don't have to be at work til four in the afternoon. I get up in the mornings but around ten I lay back down in my king size bed surrounded by my boxers (the bull dog disappears under the bed into his little cave) and I watch some "Cash Cab" on Discovery Channel and generally zone out til after two in the afternoon. No one is there to disturb me or make me feel guilty and I take those four hours to just "ZONK OUT."

These are the hours that save my sanity...these are the hours that are just for ME.

Women are an amazing and resilient species.

If it wasn't for women shoving every one else down the path of life...the path would be cluttered with men scratching their heads wondering what they needed to do next and trying to figure out how to do it.

As long as I have my Wednesday and Thursday "ZONK" sessions...I can probably keep this up long enough to get all three kids grown and out of my house for good.

Granted Males are the stronger sex...Guess who makes them that way?

Til next time....(the laundry is ready to be done) COTTON

PS As usual, click on the photo...it is AMAZING...like a Woman's "Where's Waldo."






.

No comments: