Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Home Sweet Home

AAHHH...
Back in my house, surrounded by people and pets that love me.
Trying to shake off yesterday...the past is a done deal, you can only change today or tomorrow.
Work was uneventful (that's a GOOD thing when you're me.) I started out quiet and reserved... didn't feel much like 'chatting' but working with my two best friends always makes Tuesday my favorite day so around noon I decided to shuck off my cloak of "pissedness" and enjoy what short time I may have left clocking in and working with them.
Lisa is like a mother figure to me. Granted she is younger than me AND Republican...two things my own mother was not, but she gets on to me almost as much as my Mom did and lucky for me she can't ground me or take away my car.
Teresa is simply a delightful friend. Loving and compassionate...and a wide open target for my daily barbs and pranks. When she follows me to my tables helping me take out plates of food...I always tell my customers "Just don't look at her or say anything and she'll wander off in a minute." They always look at me like I'm crazy but look at her like she may be CRAZIER.
Today one of the servers I work with had two tables beside each other with women who hadn't seen eighty in at least a couple of years. I told the young server that the second woman on the left was Teresa's college room mate. I told her Teresa was a senior when this woman was a freshman but they were really close as classmates and enjoyed the weekend nights at the Speakeasy's.
It felt good to be funny again.
Teresa said she hadn't been to go see who I was talking about, was she still there and which woman was it? I told her it was the woman sitting in the 'Rascal' at the end of the table. My good friend cracked up (like she always does at my jokes) and we kept on working.
Five minutes later she asked if the lady had left? I told her she had plenty of time to go see her because she had 'fallen and couldn't get up.'
So I'm back in my groove...working with my two closest buddies. One I keep thinking is going to take a switch to me for working too much and another I poke fun at every chance I get.
Good friends are a good thing to have ANYTIME...but to have them by your side when the chips are down and you are feeling at your lowest is remarkable.
Came home and my daughter even had her room clean (by her standards) HEY!! At least the THOUGHT was there.
Made a big pot of Jumbalaya and curled up at the kitchen table with a book and three dogs snuggled beside me.
My younger son had all the laundry caught up and my older son was at work...making money he can donate to his rent.
Life could be better but it could ALWAYS be worse.
I've decided to commit myself to not getting fired before Tim lands a great job...and once he does to commit myself to trying to make something...anything out of my writing.
I would love nothing more than to just write and write and write. Thanks to my 'pseudo' mom I have found problogging.net and will venture into finding a paying spot on the web. It's a site where you contribute to companies looking for a specific Web content.
Wish me luck.
Wish me success before I get fired.
I have two large kettles of water on the stove boiling to go take the hottest bath of my life.
I have slept a total of five hours in the last two nights. The stress is killing me...That USED to be my three kid's job.
I am determined to not put THEM out of work!!
Going to soak in a tub filled with 'Sweet Pea' bubbles and wake up tomorrow determined to find a way to not only succeed ...but be happy!
Til next time...Cleansing the Cotton



2 comments:

Frances said...

I think you have got your mind set right, now just be your lovable self and concentrate on Tim and your children and home and enjoy your job.

Joannah said...

oh Kell...reading thoser zingers made me feel ten years younger and as tho I move much slower...bc I used to! ;) Hang in there, Glad to see your sense of humor still in tact! NICE!