Thursday, July 9, 2009

Another Day

Took the kids out for lunch and had to stop by Target to get some cortisone for Zach. He cleaned out my island in the front yard and has a patch of poison oak on his belly. On his 27 inch waist it looks huge, but I want to keep it under control.

The pharmacist looked at it and told me to get Aveeno cortisone. She said that he should take Claritin as well. Zach said in his usual dead pan voice "Do you think xannax would help?"

I commented maybe it would help his mother, and thankfully the pharmacist laughed. Zach watches 'Jack Ass' too much. He's a good kid, but the things my kids say trying to be funny....WHERE DO THEY GET IT FROM?

We went to find Massey who was shopping for a new purse the size of a carry on bag. She had called me twice on my cell phone while I was talking to the pharmacist...I didn't answer either call. For Pete's sake she was eight aisles over! She had gotten a gift card from a friend and was itching to use it.

As I wheeled the buggy toward the purse aisle I told Zach that the first bag she showed us to say "Man, I really like THAT one." I DID have to be at work in two hours and we both knew how Massey shopped. The minute I said the words to Zach, I heard Massey from the next aisle say dryly "I heard that."

She picked out her bag and we got in line. I had Mr. Funny aka Zach scan my debit card while I packed up our bags. Massey conveniently forgot to give me her gift card ...she got lucky, my cousin and her two little girls got in line behind us and I started chatting with them. Haven't seen them in a while and I got sidetracked. Plus when she said her mom really enjoyed reading my blog, I felt so stunned that I forgot to get Massey's gift card from her.

I guess that I've always just thought I was the only person that really 'enjoyed' my blog. I mean I did it for myself...I love to write, in this cyber age of texts, emails and twitter..it just feels good to me to create a written word version of the way I am feeling. I often go back and re read posts I have done. Sometimes I will laugh as I remember that funny thing that happened...or I will cry as I remember my parents reading another one.

I know people read my blog...somehow I just felt like they were doing it to be nice (which I totally appreciate) or maybe out of pity ! (just kiddin'....I HOPE)

It seems like something happens every day in my life that is so worth writing about...I just can't help but to write it down.

Take for example when Massey and I were riding up the interstate to Atlanta. People flying at the speed of sound...the car in front of us swerves between the emergency cones off to the side of the highway that is being paved. His hood has not only opened...but has flattened back against his windshield. I am sure the windshield had to be cracked in a million pieces. Here this guy was going 70 MPH and WHAM!! If that had happened to me I don't know if I would have the nerve to swerve over and stop. I would freak out and probably have a coronary on the spot.

The guy made it safely from the fast lane over to the shoulder where they were currently working with the hood of his car obstructing any possible view.

Dang! I was impressed and so was Massey. We always seem to see something unbelievable on the interstate...I am not sure if that is good or bad.

Til next time, Cotton

No comments: