Thursday, April 23, 2009

Rounding the Curve...I Think ?!?!

I think that I am finally beginning to get well...physically and mentally.
Depression doesn't suit me well at all. I am used to being pretty "perky" all the time and three and 1/2 weeks of feeling bad has taken it's toll. The antibiotics have finally given me some much needed relief and knowing that my husband is working again, albeit seven hours away has helped as well.

I can't remember the last time I cracked a joke or made someone else laugh...and that is DEFINITELY not like me. My kids have noticed my tension level, and I don't like that at all.

I have decided it is time to quit feeling sorry for myself, quit expecting Ed McMahon from Publisher's Clearing House to knock on my door with an enormous check...and just be "ME".

There are millions and millions of people worse off than my family and until we are living under a bridge by Turner Field, I refuse to give into my petty depression.

I have three more days on my antibiotics and that is the time limit I have given myself to fully recover, physically, mentally and emotionally.

I did crack one joke at work, the bartender who parlays as a bookie, advisor and astute listener to all the drunks, asked me if I wanted to bet on "The Biggest Loser". I responded that I had already won THAT one, what else did he have?

I am surrounded by people that love and care for me, people that have been worried about me for weeks and never let a day pass without asking me how I and my family are doing.

Do you realize how many people do not have that kind of support system or have anyone that even remotely cares about them or their situation?

I just had to slap myself in the face, hold my shoulders up and realize that this is why it is called "LIFE". Ups and downs, good times and bad, good luck, bad luck...I realize now that I am lucky to be alive, have friends and family that love me unconditionally and will help out wherever they can.

So the pity party is over in my book.

If I can survive the last month...I can survive ANYTHING!

My kids will get their crazy Mama back, my customers will get their sassy server back, and I WILL SURVIVE (Thanks Gloria Gaynor).

Things could be better, but they sure as heck could be worse.

HEY!! At least the antibiotics have cleared up my cuticle that has been infected for almost two years where my dog bit my finger when I held on to a piece of hamburger meat a little too long before giving it to him!

Going to finish the laundry, unload the dishwasher and get on my knees to thank the Lord for what we "DO" have.

I'm not back 100%, but I am getting there!

No comments: