Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Handcart To Hell Exceeds The Weight Limit

As I sit here typing, hearing the drum drum drum of the dishwasher and the agitation of the washing machine , I wonder how much more I can fit into my "cart"?

HEY! I just made the rinse cycle...can I include that in my "productivity" for the day?

As I sit listening to my daughter's favorite radio station play "The Climb" by Miley Stinkin Cyrus for the umpteenth time, I realize how repetitive my own life has become.

I wait and have myself a little cry after the kids go off to school. Then I take care of my two HUGE dogs... who love me unconditionally every day of my life, make some coffee and sit for another brief cry before getting ready for work.

Then I head to my job of listening to people make the biggest deal of an overcooked steak or freak out over the fact that we don't have cole slaw anymore.

I feel like telling them that my husband doesn't have a job anymore, and that I could give a rat's ass that their steak is overcooked... HEY! We have about 200 more steaks in the back that we could cook for you... do you happen to have a job for my husband?

I have had to check myself more often than not...have to hold my tongue and plow through the day and realize that I still have MY job, that my bosses love and support me and without them I would be in a crazy house..or the POOR HOUSE.

It has just brought this pettiness to the forethought of my mind. My days consist of feeling great that Publix (I hope they don't read my blog) takes three days to process a check. My husband who has NEVER banked with me because of this..NEVER writes a check that couldn't clear immediately. ME?? I know the system... My favorite store...on the down low is Publix. They take three, sometimes four days to run a check through. YIPPEE!!

I have been known lately to run in for a gallon of milk, write the check for the approved $25 over and go to the bank the next morning to deposit the $25 into my checking account, just to give myself a cushion.

Borrow from Peter to pay Paul.

At this point I don't care (my husband would be pissed) but I am making it on my end.

I feel like starting a company called "Kites Alright".

My husband would be furious, but he doesn't know and has enough on his plate as it is.

I could start a company..."How to Beat the Banking System".

Walmart takes a day and a half, Kroger puts it right through, and God bless BJ's Warehouse, they take up to six days. (My current favorite place to buy dogfood).

I know in my heart that we will be okay, unless I get arrested for fraud...but by now I know the limits and the stretches I can go to....At least I hope I do.

Something good will happen soon, I am sure of that. My husband is one of the strongest willed men I have ever met and as long as he doesn't read of my desperate measures(that I hope don't backfire) we will be okay.

I have even had people at work come up to me and ask "How long does it take for a check to clear at Publix"? You know, I may have found a new career...

All kidding aside (although kidding is what makes me get through this)...We will be okay. We have family and friends that love us and we have God on our side (unless he turns out to be an investment banker).

Something WILL happen...I know it will, til then pray for me and my crafty ways...and don't tell my husband!

No comments: