Thursday, April 16, 2009

OKAY... OKAY... OKAY !!

I gave up the fight today.

The fight of trying to get myself well all on my own.

I spent a week on Robitussin DM, another week on Mucinex DM, broke down the third week and spent $19 on Primatene Mist. Throw in a few 500mg. Advil's and I thought I might have it licked. No such luck.

Broke down and went to the doc today. My blood pressure was 165 over (something). I told the nurse that was just my three kids.

They diagnosed me with acute infectious bronchitis. Sounds fancy, don't it?

They alluded to the fact that I may have walking pneumonia. I asked if a chest ex ray was covered in the co pay...and decided that since it wasn't I would go with their first guess.

They heaped some whopper pills on me and an inhaler. 875 mg of penicillin twice a day and told me to come back in three days if I didn't feel better. (fat chance..look what it took to get me there the first time).

I just feel better having gone at all.

I told the nurse that I tried to get better on my own and actually did. I DID get better...I just didn't get "WELL".

My main relief was in the fact that I wasn't sent straight to the hospital or told that I had one week to live. The thought of my husband left to take care of the kids,dogs, house, yard, cooking and cleaning makes me weak in the knees on a good day.

I guess the one that gets the reprieve is him!

Taking these horse pills has really beaten me down. I guess that I have felt crummy for so long that now that they are fighting all the crap I have endured for almost a month, it is FINALLY wearing on me.

And then PRAISE the Lord..(JK) I start my monthly cycle too. Go ahead Good Lord...Keep piling crap on me...let's see JUST HOW MUCH MORE KELLY CAN TAKE!!

At least I am on the road to recovery. Even with the aches and pains, I feel better knowing that I have some drugs kicking butt in my body, and will hopefully be back on track in no time at all.

Frances, you can give yourself a thank you for kicking my butt into gear.

No wonder my blog has sucked lately...give me three days and if I am not having my chest ex rayed..I will be back at my keyboard... and if I am having "MY" chest ex rayed...trust me, that shouldn't take long at all!!

No comments: