Thursday, April 9, 2009

Please Hold...While Your Party is Reached...

Nothing is worse than when I try to call my thirteen year old daughter on her cell phone (that I pay for) and receive an automated message saying"Please enjoy the music while your party is reached".

Number one, I do not enjoy the same music she does.

Number two, I do not like having to wait while she decides to actually accept my call.

Number three, it is my fault for getting her a phone.

If you had asked me when she was born "Will you buy her a cell phone for her 12th birthday"? I would have looked at you like you were the idiot that I have become.

I have to admit I like being able to reach her at any given time, but deciphering her texts are like reading ancient hidden scrolls.

My sons are much more direct....answer or NO answer...PERIOD.

I worked in the yards today for three hours before I went to work, tromping in and out of the doors, backyard and garage. Somehow I let a small lizard in with me on one of my trips. My sixteen year old son discovered it scrambling across the living room floor and told me it was as big as a snake. Of course he couldn't CATCH the "snake size lizard" as it scampered under the sofa.

It appeared next in the kitchen, scooting under the refrigerator before my sissy boy could grab it. As I left for work, my daughter wailed to me, full of emotion "WHAT ABOUT THE LIZARD"?

I told her it would be okay, the lizard was more scared of us than anything.

By the time I got to work (a ten minute drive) I had 8 missed calls on my cell phone from my daughter. When I called her back, she demanded "What about this lizard, and how long does it take you to answer my calls"?

Boy will I remind her of those 8 missed calls when she is sixteen going to the prom and I call every half hour after the dance is over!

It is almost midnight now...I guess the lizard is asleep or has found a way back out of my house. Either way it will be taken care of when I let my two 100 lb. Boxers in the house for the night. For the lizard's sake I hope it has escaped my house...because it will NOT escape my Boxers.

I know how much they enjoy the tiny frogs that unsuspectingly find their way into my backyard (never to escape alive). Just think when they find a lizard...They will think It is Christmas morning! HO HO HO !!

Til next time... COTTON... and my little friend Reese.. this will be her typing..

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbnmmtttbvnbo nbvcvccccxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxcccdoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllk;[=====

No comments: