Sunday, March 17, 2013

Excellent Weekend

Friday night I made enough at the restaurant to make it through the rest of the weekend without waiting tables and Saturday morning woke up as a furniture salesman. I had a pretty  good day. Sometimes people walk in and you think it's a lost cause. Never judge and always give it your best. One man I thought would never buy  anything bought a $1200 mattress and a $400 recliner. I had another guy who bought two memory  foam pillows he saw there last weekend. Today a couple picked up  their $999 sectional I sold them last weekend.

Today started slow but you gotta keep  the faith. I was almost to my goal and the clock was ticking. I had less than an hour when in walked a young couple with a tiny baby.  Thirty minutes later I was ringing them up for just over $1000.00.

Early today a custom bus pulled into the parking lot, taking up at least ten spaces. A dude who looked like a member of ZZ Topp got out and started working on the bus.  It was early and things were slow so my co worker and I watched them intently,  saying to each other "I bet that's someone famous." My co worker (who I call Snookie since she's from Jersey) said "Go out and see who they are."

I don't know if it's cause I'm new and follow all instructions or if I'm just bold but I strutted my little self out to  the bus where a guy with a beard down to his belt , gauges the size of a quarter and tatts covering both arms sat diligently working on the bus.  I asked if there was someone famous on the bus and he laughed. I said I didn't want to meet them but was curious. He said it was a heavy metal rock band from Germany, "KMFDM."  I'd never heard of them but could guess what the "F" stood for. The dude looked like a bad ass biker but was friendly enough to me. Several of the members of the band wandered around the parking lot as he worked on the bus and when the guy told me it was a busted muffler thought to myself "If tatts, Mohawks and gauges could fix a bus  they'd be back on the road in no time!"


Back inside I went. The day wasn't super busy but went by  fast.

Bingo!

 I met a famous heavy metal rock band, had a relaxing day and made some "Cha Ching." The great thing about working at the store is it's stress free and less physically demanding on my tiny frame and mind.

Tomorrow I am back to being a server. I am beginning to feel like a Jekyll and Hyde. Not sure which persona I like better. Maybe I like being a little of both!

Til next  time...Constantly Popping Cotton!

Whadda ya know...I did it again!

No comments: