Thursday, March 7, 2013

Start Spreading the News...

Got  the text  from Massey this morning at 9:46. "Just landed in NYC." I was thrilled and so was she. She called me from Times Square and was mesmerized by the scope and size. They toured Manhattan, Rockefeller Center and Fifth Avenue. Tonight they went to see "Wicked" on Broadway.

I haven't talked to her since early this afternoon but am just so relieved she finally made it to NYC.

I pumped some money into her checking account today and the tipping gods smiled upon me once again at work tonight so I can pump more in tomorrow. We do trips  "Cotton" style...just get there and worry about money later.

My work weeks have begun to run together again so I am pacing myself. I've been so stressed over getting Massey to New York but now she is there and I've been able to deposit some more money into her account, I'm gonna have a "Me" day tomorrow. I left for work at 5:15  and crated Ziggy. Charlie and Ham can be left in the house for ten hours and never move once.

Tim got home from work about twenty minutes ahead of me tonight around 9:15. He let Ziggy out of his crate, put his collar back on and let him out into the back yard. He said Ziggy  shot out of  the house like a rocket, ears straight back and ran the circumference of the yard twice in less than ten seconds. The dog is half Kangaroo half Greyhound....but the house didn't have one thing wrecked or torn up. Guess we solved THAT mystery when my friend loaned me the crate.

Going to the credit union late tomorrow morning to give my girl some more spending money and then  Zach and I are taking Tim to Mother's Kitchen for lunch. I feel like treating myself to a fabulous meal and want to let Tim experience "Mother's Kitchen."

I live in a vicious cycle. I owe, I promise, I pay. There are worse cycles to be in...at least I am somewhat keeping up.

Got one more night at the restaurant and then I am back to selling furniture for two days.

Tomorrow I am having me a mess of greens for lunch and whatever else yummy Mother has cooked. The place is incredible and a MUST for anyone near the south side of Atlanta.

The two sisters who told me about the place came into eat with me at  the restaurant the other night and I told them the whole story about us going to eat there.
One of the sisters said "Well it seems  you made quite the impression!" I told her we went on President's Day when all  the county offices were closed and had the opportunity to get to know everyone...which we did. (Also Cotton style)

Massey and I were at Wal Mart last week getting pictures printed when Mother's daughter shouted out to us as we passed "How ya'll doing...Where's Zach?" We chatted for a minute and told them we tried to eat lunch there but a piece of paper ripped out of the spiral notebook they use for a menu was tacked to the screen door saying "Closed, roof leak." Mother's daughter told me the roof would be good to go the next  day. They are awesome people. As my parents would say "They are good folks."

Massey is in New York having the time of her life. I'm here in Newnan excited  about eating at Mother's Kitchen for lunch on Friday. I think we are about even steven . I think even Massey would agree.

TIL NEXT TIME...COTTON














No comments: