Friday, March 8, 2013

Spring Ahead...Fall Back

Unfortunately this weekend is "Spring ahead." My least favorite Saturday of the year. I love getting that extra hour of sleep in the Fall and detest giving it back. My body has an automatic alarm clock. Even though we gain one hour every Fall, I still wake up at  the same time. At least I can roll back over for another hour before I start my day.

Today was an excellent day here weather wise. Full sun and balmy temps. Zach and I took Tim to "Mother's Kitchen" for lunch and were greeted like family the minute we walked  through the screened door. I had fried chicken, collard greens, macaroni and cheese and pinto beans. After lunch I went home and sat out back with the pups for a couple of  hours reading and the sun felt fantastic. Talked to Massey and caught up with her adventure in NYC and then headed into work. I was tired when I walked in the door (no day off  this week) but got into the groove and had a pretty  good night. One of my favorite peeps in  the world came in to eat with me. I worked with her when I worked for  the "Western Sizzler." She is a smart, amazing young woman who put herself through Georgia Tech, already has her Master's from Tech and is working on her PHD. She works there as well and is probably the most  "Together" person I know. What's even crazier is she thinks "I'm" smart :)

She offered to write Massey a letter of recommendation on her Georgia Tech letterhead stationary...how  awesome will THAT look?

I didn't get home til almost eleven and after a brief chat with Massey am ready for my book and bed.

Tomorrow will be a long ten hour shift but I won't have to sling plates and carry  heavy  trays. I'll just try  and sell some furniture and wait for eight o'clock to roll around. Then I'll head to the airport to pick up Massey from New York, her flight lands at 9:33.

I love writing this blog, I love telling stories and  love the fact that it has been read  almost 64,000 times...I just gotta figure out how to make a career of it.

I've  already decided what I need to blog about next...Jodi Arias.  I am  mesmerized, I am shocked and I am confused. Who  thought someone would ever make Casey Anthony look good?

Til next  time..COTTON



No comments: