Saturday, June 30, 2012

Yep...Hot As A Pistol

I thought it was hot yesterday when I cut the front of the sudivision at one in the afternoon and weed eated from two  to three. Tim told me I was crazy for doing it but I already know I am crazy so I headed out on my trusty boy, Johnny Dear. Tim said "You're gonna die from heat stroke out there."

I thought about that for a minute or two but thought, if raising three teens hasn't killed me I doubt 102 degrees could. I loaded up a huge cup of ice water and a cup full of nothing but ice and set off on Johnny for the front of the subdivision, Mr. Weed Eater in tow.

The mowing part was easy, keep Johnny in fifth gear and never stop...I even felt a slight breeze. As I rounded the last turn, Massey and Tim drove back into the subdivision from going to the store and Massey  rolled down her window and handed me a cold bottle of water.

That got me through the weed eating part. Well that,  and Massey driving back up and bringing me two more bottles of water.

I was pooped but it was cut and now the HOA owed me sixty bucks!

Puttered back down the street on Johnny to my house ,  wiped the clippings off my legs with a rag in the garage and lay under the ceiling fan in the living room for  thirty minutes. Jumped in the shower,  poured myself into my work uniform and headed off to work!

Woke up this morning for my double shift and glanced at  the clock. Okay, I could take a shower and get up then... or rationalize  I had just showered quite laboriously less than twenty hours earlier and sleep ten more minutes.

Ten extra minutes of sleep won.

Heck...so what? I put on an extra dosing of deodorant  and gave myself a "Ho Bath." Didn't even wash my hair, but then again I only washed it once week growing up as a kid.

Got off around 3:30. Had to be back at work by  5:30. I had a coupon for a $9.99 hair cut and drove by  to see if they were busy. Guess the heat had everyone scared and there was no wait. Got "My hurr did" and went home, with  an hour and a half to spare.

The new pup is so tiny that he can slip out of every broken board in our privacy fence. My older two pups have such fat heads they couldn't make it out of the back yard even if they knew how to use a chain saw.

I called Massey  fom  the hair place and told her to borrow wire clippers and a staple gun from my neighbor, Mr. "Slow" Lee.  Heck I cut their  yards for them, that's the least they can do is supply me with a weapon. He didn't mind  at all, they are both precious older peeps that I actually enjoy taking care of and although I kid about them, I hope when I am their age someone helps ME out.

Got home... quickly changed into my shorts and bathing suit top, with my "A" cups just hanging out there and got my chicken wire to staple up across the boards that were missing but Ziggy was continually slipping through. I was sweating by  the time I closed the back door to the kitchen and picked up the roll of chicken wire. Massey was thrilled by  the electric stape gun and insisted on doing the shooting. Took us at least twenty minutes and were both drenched in sweat by  the time we had Ziggy sequestered. Sweat was dripping off my face like water and I felt like I was melting.

The last time I tried to close all the gaps I looked up to see Ziggy on the other side of the fence smiling at me like "You missed a spot!"

I think we have the puppy sequestered now.

Unfortunately I didn't have time for another shower before returning to work but at least  had all my pups secured.  I put on another layer of deodorant and reminded myself to stand back from my tables. Cleaned up my makeup...what was left of it and went back to work.

Made it through my shift with no one complaing about my smell and had a pretty  easy night. Had lots of regulars who asked for me and escaped by  ten o'clock . I left and got in my little car. Put the top down and drove home as the dashboard read 89 degrees...only cooling down to 88 as I went down a hill close to my house.

I love summer and  love the heat...but when hot flashes are the only thing that cool me down, you KNOW it's HOT!

Promise I am taking a LONG bath in the morning before heading back for one last shift this week.

Yes my life is crazy...Yes "I" am crazy (if you ask my kids or husband) but you know what? I love my life, I love being able to go with the flow... ebbing or flowing.

Life is a circle. I have been around it many, many times. As long as you are in the cycle of the circle...you are doing okay.

The tide goes out...the tide comes in. Just be greatful to do it again and again. Experience the awesome waves of life...like when they uplift you and make you float.  Know that when they pull you under,  if you keep swimming and stroking...you will resurface.

"Love is all you need."

Til next  time...Cotton






No comments: