Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

One of my favorite movies and the seemingly recurrent theme in my life as of late. Life was good, it turned bad and got really ugly for a while but guess who has two thumbs and survived?

"This girl!"

I can't take much credit for it...I had a force behind and above me that made it all happen and  was just a fortunate recipient. It has made me see things more clearly. It has made me appreciate waking up and has made me realize in the grand scheme of the world, I am a pretty lucky gal.

I was so burned out at my old job at The Western Sizzler. My husband had lost his job and I was working thirty days in a row just to make ends meet when they fired me. (Note to self: send them a "Thank You" letter)

I was hired by a family that I have known for almost 14 years and dug right back in, working 13 shifts a week. Somehow we made it... with help from the government and help from my family, friends and new bosses. I started to burn out about a month ago but being almost fifty two thought I hung in there pretty well. I never put in a schedule request, just let him schedule me as he needs me. He started giving me two days off a week and at first I was ticked. He still has me working eight and nine shifts a week but the days off have made me realize how very much I need them. One of them I sleep  the entire day, the next I get some things done. He's a big scary guy...but one  that loves me and knew I was burning out.

We've made enough strides now that I can take a day(or two) off and it won't mean our electricity or water will be cut off. It's a good feeling. It's a guilty feeling, but it's like I have finally been given a reprieve.

Thrown into the mix my younger son got in a butt load of trouble and  took a year for it to all be said and done...but it is. He learned his lesson and paid for it. The lesson I learned is that you love your kids and will do anything for them. He has grown into a man this past year and I have grown into a woman with a head full of gray hair.) Tim went totally gray two years ago but at least he is handsome.

At least we are all still here, with electricity, water and even internet connectivity. (Thanks to my excellent PHD in BS, borrowing from Peter to pay Paul and sneaky banking skills)

I went up to the front of the subdivision today to cut so I could get my sixty bucks from the HOA (Home owners Asses.) They all detest us after Zach's arrest...except for my next door husband on one side and "Slow" Lee on the other. I'm surrounded by REAL friends. Even  the  neighbor across the street  who obviously saw it all go down has been a buddy.

You learn who your friends are and learn to know what kind of people other's can be. Obviously only some of them know about KARMA and have a great deal to learn.

We are still sitting in our little house...utilities paid both cars have gas and we have less  than four years before our mortgage is paid off. 

I've lived through the Good...took it for granted. The bad was an awakening but one I needed.

 The ugly is lfe is an instant. You suck in a breath but may not be around to exhale and if you are...consider yourself extremely lucky.

Looking back I feel like I have climbed the alps Maria did in The Sound of Music.


The hills are alive with the sound of music
With songs they have sung for a thousand years
The hills fill my heart with the sound of music
My heart wants to sing every song it hears
My heart wants to beat like the wings of the birds
that rise from the lake to the trees
My heart wants to sigh like a chime that flies
from a church on a breeze
To laugh like a brook when it trips and falls over
stones on its way
To sing through the night like a lark who is learning to pray
I go to the hills when my heart is lonely
I know I will hear what I've heard before
My heart will be blessed with the sound of music
And I'll sing once more


May sound lame..but when I am on my Johnny Dear making my own yard look great and the hills at  the front look good for everyone that not only turns in but drives by...I'll sing it once more!

The way I feel now is tired but satisfied. What a wonderful way to feel! Appreciate your own life but once you do...help another. Said it before and will say it every day of my life...I am a lucky woman.

Til next  time...COTTON







No comments: