Saturday, January 14, 2012

I Want Winter AND Football GONE!

Massey took this picture of me when I got home from work one night and was blogging, still in my trench coat that comes down to my ankles, scarf  hat and gloves still on.

I'm not a fan of winter and not a fan of football play offs...it kills business at  the restaurant (unless you are a bartender) and I'm not interested in any of the teams involved.

Once again the tipping gods blessed me.  I waited on just four tables but walked out with over fifty bucks. I didn't get anything on my work shirt so I can wear it again tomorrow...Talk about a win!

Massey has joined the work force and opened an account at a local credit union. With her money and my excellent banking skills, the possibilities are endless!  I am totally kidding (kinda) but  very proud of her. She is sixteen. I started working when I was fourteen and have been working ever since. I can remember going to Greenbriar Mall after cashing my paycheck from the East Point Swimming Pool and buying clothes from Ups and Down...the coolest store in the mall and thinking I was an adult. Throw in my babysitting money and I was a "Teen with the Means."

On another note...I've started "Tough Love" with my husband. He works really hard but has two days off a week. I have NO days off a week. I finally just let the laundry pile up until he was forced to wash a load so he didn't have to go into work in pajamas. Once I got the ball rolling with my clever idea... he totally took over. Every laundry basket in the house is empty, all  clothes are clean, folded and put up.

So  what he's pissed at me? I've been ticked at him for three years! I love him to death...or maybe that was HIM  saying "You are killing me." Whatever!!

Twenty four years ago I met and fell in love with him and since we have raised three kids together. We had twenty one good years...the last three kinda sucked but looking back those are pretty good odds.

The thing with men is...you meet them , fall all in dreamy love and start taking over. "Oh,  baby I can do it don't worry, you just relax and watch  the ball game."
Ten years later it's  like "I thought you said YOU would do it?" Twenty years later it turns into  "Whatever...YOU try pushing a kid out of a hole the size of of a dime and THEN  we'll talk!

I am fifty one, almost fifty two. My Momma died when I was seventeen. She treated my Diddy like a king. He never did laundry but that was the seventies.

I am fifty one, almost fifty two. Times have changed.

I'll admit I am a hard case. I have a mouth as wide as the Mississippi  and it all comes out of a now wrinkled face with facial hair I never knew was possible. Don't even get me started on the hot flashes.

The good thing is  "I said I Do." For richer for poorer, in sickness and in health til death do us part.

If Tim can put up with me, he wins the prize. Unfortunately that prize is ME!

Heading to bed and doing it all again tomorrow.
Til next  time..COTTON

No comments: