Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I See The Other Side

I feel like Charlie did in this picture... trapped but can now see the way out!

I have been behind the fence for two years and waited patiently...sometimes frantically while friends,  family and even strangers fed and took care of me. I made my way TO the gate but just couldn't open it on my own. With help from Above and help from MANY around me, I have made my way not only TO the gate but have my own fat head sticking through it.

There were times when I felt hopeless and alone even with all the love and support. Being fifty and broke ain't no joke and pretty hard to explain to teens that have had it good for as long as they could remember. In hindsight it has been a wonderful lesson for not only me...but THEM.

Nothing is a guarantee in life, not even the next breath you may or may not take.

I have been at my new job for a year and a half...Tim at his for about six months and we are slowly busting through the gate.  We have one shoulder through and wedging  with the other.

My bosses have been great. They have helped and supported me so many times I have lost count. Tim has a new job with  many opportunities for advancement. Actually he has an offer on the table for an advancement as I type. He has just gotten home from work and told me they have offered him a position as a terminal manager in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Am I scared?
A little.
Am I excited for my husband? YES!

I have never moved further than thirty miles from the city and house I was raised in. Am I nervous? Yes a little... but if this is the way to bust RIGHT OUT OF THE GATE and to charge ahead, who am I to question destiny?

Is this God's answer to our prayers? Lots to think about, lots of things to figure out...

Til next time...COTTON

1 comment:

Walter said...

Hey! Charlotte is nice ... Gwen Stalcup Hall's husband Quinn is a big wheel in Charlotte. I think they live west of the city in a suburb.

They have a great transit system there.

Lots of great college's in NC.