Monday, September 26, 2011

Still Floating...But With My Head Above Water

Jeez...I never knew my nose looked so big but my tiny ears are cute! Just got home from work (again) and had a super fantabulous night. Waited on five tables and walked out with Ben Franklin.

I needed tonight bad. I got all my bills caught up last week and had almost five dollars sitting in my bank account. Of course my "Week" was 22 days long but it really paid off so I celebrated by kiting a check for $134.00 to fill my kitchen with much needed groceries and hoped that Kroger was still taking three days to push a check through.

I got nervous when I saw online that the high school had deposited the check I wrote for Massey's fund raiser. I was hoping they were holding it til the Yankee Candle order came in but after a week they pushed it through (someone probably told them if they had a check with MY name on it they should RUN not walk to the nearest bank and shove it through with fingers crossed.)

I got all the things I needed to cook a few meals and wash clothes and clean house and crossed my own fingers when I handed over my bogus check. God once again smiled on me and Zach deposited the money I made yesterday this morning when he took Massey to school...ya gotta love having kids that can drive!

I got home from work tonight, crossed my fingers once more and logged into my account. I made it!! The check hadn't gone through and I made enough tonight to cover my grocery check and even send Zach to WalMart to buy us a new door knob for the back door leading to the garage. It has been messed up for over a year. First you had to wiggle the key to get in. Then you had to lift the door up so the key would fit in. Now you have to turn it one way then quickly turn it back the other, lift up on the door and say an even quicker prayer as you hope it lets the door actually open.

Work was great... one of my friends from high school that has read my blog came into eat and brought his wife and in laws. About a hour before they got there the bartender told me someone called to ask if I was working. I asked her if they asked for Kelly or Kelly Cotton? Big difference to a gal like me. Kelly means they know me...Kelly Cotton means they may be LOOKING for me.

She said he sounded super friendly but bill collectors can be sneaky like that so I was a tad nervous.

I was thrilled to see my old friend walk in and felt tremendously relieved. They tipped me phat and the four other tables showed me their love too.

I am pacing myself this week. I picked up a shift on my only day off so I am back to running my weeks together...but I gotta tell you it feels great to have a job where I can do that. It feels great to know that I am beating my checks to the bank. I feel like Charlie Sheen without a drug or wife beating problem. "I have tiger blood and I am WINNING!"

Working tomorrow to cover the check I kited at BJ's today. They sent me a coupon for a free sixty day membership and since I  USED to be a member and TOTALLY remember that they take almost a week to push a check through I went in and had my free membership activated. The woman behind the service desk said I could go ahead and purchase a new membership card today and get a wonderful stack of coupons she waved in front of me.  I kept myself from saying that I was already going to write a bad check for chicken breasts and BBQ sauce to make dinner but just replied "We'll see how this free membership goes and I'll think about it."

I am SO close to being legit! (Too legit to quit)

A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...and I'm doing it!

Praying for another slam banger shift tomorrow.  I  am "THIS" close. I am on the brink. I am almost there.  I have survived two years of financial, physical (I am old and it's hard on this old but skinny body) and emotional torture.

I have a husband that for some unknown reason to man  still loves me. I have kids that I adore and are all healthy. I am a lucky, lucky woman. I have a sister and brother who have both given unselfishlly and continually. I have amazing friends and a job that I not only love but bosses that genuinely love me.

"Cotton" the fabric of life....

No comments: