Monday, September 19, 2011

Happy Birthday Lisa!

The birthday girl is the one in blue. The one in the yellow is another former co worker that I love as much as I love Lisa (the one with the hooters)

She is younger than me (not by much) and was my mother for almost fourteen years when I worked at the Western Sizzler. She is one of two people from my former workplace that have kept in contact and continued to love me.

I met her in the late nineties and we quickly became fast friends. I would call us "Ebony and Ivory." We are different in many ways but love each other unconditionally. When I got fired  from my job most all my "friends" from work quickly forgot me. A few have done nice things for me but my 'Lisa' has always been there for me. She sits on the far right of Rush Limbaugh but still waves to me where I sit on the left side of  Jimmy Carter.

She was my mentor at Western Sizzler and I miss that I don't see her on a daily basis anymore. The thing we DO have in common is a firm belief in God and his miraculous powers.

Quite a few years back she was rowing in  the same boat I am now . I helped her when I had the chance and she helped me when SHE had the chance.

"Make new friends but keep the old. One is silver and the other one's gold."

I miss going into work and being with her. I miss seeing her face every day and feeling her arms around me when I needed them. I miss the banter back and forth and the way we co existed while being polar opposites politically.

Most of all I just miss HER!

She is one of the strongest and most resillient women I have ever met and has been the one I think of when I think I can't go on one more day in the crazy restaurant world that I work in.

Happy Birthday Lisa Shrum!! You are a woman that I admire and a woman that I consider myself  extremely lucky to call my dear friend.

I miss you, I miss us bossing all the other servers around and I miss seeing your beautiful face. Have a wonderful birthday ... know that I love you to the moon and back and most importantly, thank you for loving me!

COTTON

1 comment:

Walter said...

Makes me ALMOST want to go to Longhorn. She looks like a great friend.