Friday, September 30, 2011

Home Again Home Again...

Still chugging along. Worked this morning...it was slow and I got off before two. Came home took my skirt off  put on my Daisy Dukes  hopped on Johnny and headed to the front of the subdivision. Tomorrow is the first and I think this may be my last cut of the season which means my last check from the HOA. A lot of the hillside part is just red Georgia clay and it flew in my face and all over my body. I finished cutting but have to go back in the morning to weed eat the ditch on either side of the road. I got home and looked REALLY tan. It was actually the red dust and clay I had plowed through. I layed down on the sofa and took a hour siesta. I woke up with ten minutes to get back to work...changed back into my skirt and top and headed back with the top down on my car so the grass would all blow out of my hair. About six thirty my ear itched and I stuck my finger into it  . My finger came out covered in red clay. Immediate "Note to self" Stand far away from my tables and hope the wind was downhill. It was slow at work and since I had opened the store  was the first one cut. I took my money and headed home. When I was a kid I took maybe two baths a week if I could get away with it. I am fifty one and try to bathe daily but sometimes my schedule gets in the way. I knew I should have re showered before going back to work but it was a balmy breezy day and the red clay just looks like a dusty tan unless you touch it.

Segway...It looks like we are moving. I am excited beyond belief for Tim. He has landed a job that recognizes his potential and has awarded him with a  promotion.

I have conflicting feelings. My job has been wonderful to me and the owners have bailed me out of tight spots more times than I like to admit. I have made dear friends and am  considered the resident comedian...A title I wear proudly!

These people took me in when I was at the lowest point in my life. It's hard to be over fifty years old and desperately need help. It is humiliating and humbling all at the same time.

I hope I have helped them at least a tenth as much as they have helped me. Tim leaves in two weeks. I will stay behind to tie things up and get us ready to move.

This is a new beginning for our family. It is a BIG change but it is ultimately the blessing we have been praying for.

How can I say good bye to my "Mama's" family? How can I leave them with no one to poke fun at them or point out the humorous when situations are heated and tensions are out of control?

How can I leave these crazy Italians without letting them know that they have been an intricate part of my life for a year and a half and  feel totally blessed to have been so lucky to land in their crazy whacked out world?

I will still do ten shows a week through October but when I leave it will be a sad day for me. I have met people who I have taken to heart and love .  I have met people that have taken me and my family to heart grown to love us. I have joined a family and have loved it...now I have to leave it.

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

I don't mind saying that I have loved every minute at Mama Lucia's and loved every minute that they have loved ME!

Entering another phase of my life and leaving the past behind...where it should be. Tomorrow is a future yesterday...I better wake up early to get the jump on it!

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: