Friday, June 17, 2011

So Close I Can Almost Feel Sand Between My Toes


Home from another double shift. One more shift tomorrow night and I am off to pick up Massey from her prison (NOT) in paradise. She has been there for what seems like two months to me, but has in actuality been pretty stinking close to a month... I miss my BFF.

I opened this morning but it was slow so I left a little after two. It was a bazillion degrees outside but I only had a hour or so before I had to be back. I threw on my fancy fifteen year old "Bo"kini top and a pair of Massey's daisy dukes and detailed my car for the trip down to pick up the Queen of Huntington Court.

Car washed and dried, wheels cleaned , tires done and leather interior cream conditioned thanks to all the extras the guy we bought the car from tossed in for accepting all the money we had from the insurance company to spend on a vehicle . I'm just being funny (at least I think so) but do LOVE the car and ole Johnny boy better step it up a notch because I seem to really like the attention my Lil' Beem of Sunshine seems to be beaming with every time I open the garage door and see him. (I'm starting to think that it may actually be possible for a car to smile... I think he has dimples)

I was sweating like a ho during the invitational hymn at a tent revival that struck a chord and made her say "Damn Straight"...and was done with thirty minutes to spare!

I crashed on the couch in the living room under the ceiling fan on high , it took twenty minutes for the sweat to evaporate. I spent another ten wiping off the mascara that had dribbled down my face with toilet paper...put a little powder on the shiny spots, dabbed on some more deodorant   and put back on my work clothes.

Dinner was okay, not balls to the wall but I was tired and stinky anyway....Do ya think maybe they smelled me?

Came home and the two boys (my pups) were fighting over three frogs jumping across the back patio. Charlie ate two and was frothing like Uma when she over dosed in Pulp Fiction. He's sleeping outside tonight.

You know, I don't make this stuff up...but as I read it and read it again month after month...actually year after year I gotta say if you offered me the winning lottery ticket or the life that I have...

I wouldn't change a thing.

I like the challenge...keeps ya young!
Til next time...updates from the sandy shores to come...COTTON

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haha you are really funny!
Thought I was the only one who does that when I'm tired, but turns out I'm not alone.
PS: I don't think they smelled you lol