Saturday, June 18, 2011

"Going To See About A Girl"

Destin, Florida, highway to heaven : vintage photography by Arturo Mennillo
That was the last line in "Good Will Hunting" one of my favorite movies.
It's midnight and I just got home from an exhausting shift. Not so much because of work but because I cut grass for three hours before I went straight in. At least I took a shower! I clocked in and one of the taller servers started picking grass out of my hair. Guess I should have spent more time on the shampoo portion of my shower.

Headed to Florida in five hours to 'go see about a girl.' She sent me the picture that I used above. She went on a dolphin tour last night and took this pic of a mama and her calf. I've missed my calf...

Leaving a house full of testosterone and headed to a beach house full of estrogen. Well, Massey is full of estrogen but the rest of us probably need shots for it, but it will be a Girls Gone Mild three day vacation that I am in desperate need of.

Is it sad when I am more concerned about leaving my pups than the three human males that live here? I mean at least the humans can fix a meal or grab a drink....what about my pups?

I am leaving all males home so at least I know the pups will always have water...all three toilet lids will be up at all times. You know, men act stupid but when left on their own somehow survive.

I haven't packed the first thing but have crossed many things off my mental list. They got all the essentials because they live there and have been taking care of my girl as well for weeks. Packing my deodorant and tooth brush and a couple of changes of clothes...that oughta do me.

I saw an article in a magazine recently. It said the big No No was a woman over fifty wearing a bikini. Guess I am headed to the beach with with a tiny No No  a tooth brush and deodorant.

I've talked to Massey every day and texts even more. I just want to see her face and feel my arms around her. I am thrilled that she has had the opportunity to have this extended  vacation but will be thrilled to have her back  home with me so I can have someone to roll my eyes at besides the dogs when the guys do something stupid.

The dryer just buzzed which means I can go start packing. I am starting to get pumped, I'm not used to having more than one day off in a row.

Will update from the beach!!!

Til next time...COTTON

No comments: